NEF barrel accessory program.

Stan in SC

I sent a receiver to the factory about three years ago and had a barrel fitted.It went smooth.No problems.

Stan

MItransplant

Thats what I want to hear..

Can you still use your old barrel as well?

reel2rifle

NEF are great to work with. I sent a ultra slug hunter, with laminate stock in a few years back. I had them fit the 50 cal muzzleloader barrel. They returned the receiver and new barrel within 14 days of orginal ship date. They also fitted a laminte handguard for me insted of the walnut with no extra charge.:fine: The new barrel is fitted to your receiver and both barrels will interchange. I am going to have my son youth 243 returned after the season for the 20 ga barrel.

Auchumpkee Creek Assassin

Gone But Not Forgotten
NEF are Great people to do business with, several years ago i was up in Maine, and came by and took a tour of there plant in Gardner Mass. , one of the few guns still made in the USA:flag:. I have the handi rifle in 45-70,270, and 17 cal. great guns for the $$$$$$

MItransplant

Like my 45/70 been shooting the lever evo ammo in it. I believe I could poke a deer out to 200 with it.

daisy102998

I did not know about the trigger job. I bought my son a .223, then sent it in and got a .20 guage and the muzzle loader barrel. I use it more than him. When I sent it back I should have requested the job. I request two scope mounts. They only sent one and when I called them about it they overnighted the missing scope mount.

Rob62

I did it. I added a .357 Magnum barrel. But it took quite a while to get it back. This was just as the program got moved to Remington in Ilion NY earlier this year (H&R is now part of Remington).

By now I hope they got everything worked out so turn around times should be faster.

The quality and workmanship were fine - no problems there. For around $90 including return shipping for a basic barrel it is a very good deal.

Regards,
Rob

frankwright

I sent the receiver from an old 20 ga and had the muzzleloader barrel put on it.
They also did a trigger job.
Everything went smooth.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
You guys that have had a muzzle loader barrel mounted to your frame...............How do you like it? How does it shoot?

I have an NEF frame and am strongly considering the M/L barrel. Do they have a good barrel? Do they return it with a wood front end?

LKS2

$90 for a different barrel!
What would be the difference between on of these and the t/c encore? I have an encore but the extra barrels are a lot more dollars than that. Granted you have to send the NEF in but still for $90 barrels I am rethinking my encore.

MItransplant

$90 for a different barrel!
What would be the difference between on of these and the t/c encore? I have an encore but the extra barrels are a lot more dollars than that. Granted you have to send the NEF in but still for $90 barrels I am rethinking my encore.

ABOUT $300 .. The Encore might be better looking but I'll take 3 NEFs over one Encore.

Rob62

Yup. Marlin, H&R, and Remington (and others) are all owned by the investmet group Cerberus (sp).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus_Capital_Management

The H&R Handi Rifle Barrel Accessory program is now being done in Remington's Ilion NY plant.

Cerberus ownes a LOT of firearms businesses. Why they are investing so heavily in this area is up to much speculation.

Rob

Last edited:

lonewolf5347

The good old day are gone customer service now is a nightmare since remington took over H@R
I would think twice before dealing with remington
I also would shoot over to graybeard forums and read some reviews on the new plant and gun repair.