Neighbors concerned about deer hunters near homes

brownceluse

And all the buzz in regards to the WSBTV bit was a touch off. The news had to put their spin on it unfortunately, it all originated from a post on Nextdoor in regards to an actual poacher hunting at Lees spot at the dentist office and as would happen too many distraught homeowners took it as a chance to run and throw SeekOne under the bus when Lee actually helped with finding the guy who did it.

View attachment 994294View attachment 994295View attachment 994300View attachment 994302
Thanks for clearing the air and it’s good to see homeowners in these areas that get it.

Al Medcalf

Not gonna live in a place where a HOA tells me what I can or cannot do on my own property. But that's just me.

Been saying this for years. About the dumbest thing a person can do!

Bucaramus

Not gonna live in a place where a HOA tells me what I can or cannot do on my own property. But that's just me.
I can respect that. It's not that the HOA tells me what to do, I read and understood the rules when we moved in. As much as I travel for work I have to keep my other hall's wishes in mind too. She definitely feels safer here than out in the sticks somewhere.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Poaching / Urban hunting - very slippery slope.

I don't take your meaning here. Please tell us how the location of the hunt has any effect on making the slope more slippery. I can assure you that there is infinatly more poaching in suburban and rural areas than in urban areas. Would this then mean that folks who hunt in the rural areas are more prone to poaching?

James12

I don't take your meaning here. Please tell us how the location of the hunt has any effect on making the slope more slippery. I can assure you that there is infinatly more poaching in suburban and rural areas than in urban areas. Would this then mean that folks who hunt in the rural areas are more prone to poaching?

Ah! No sir, I meant SUBurban. Grammar check. I completely agree. That was my point.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I still do not take your meaning.

Are you saying that suburban hunters are more prone than rural hunters to becoming poachers (the slippery slope)?

My feeling is that a poacher is not a hunter and that poachers are poachers, suburban or rural. I don't believe that the place they poach has any bearing on their being a poacher.

Them boys have quite a following. I do lawn care in Alpharetta. I can’t believe the amount of people knocking on doors trying to get permission. I don’t think it should be outlawed.

I think HOA subdivisions or golf courses should put on Quota hunts. I also think people hunting the suburbs need to kill more deer......not just the bucks. I would NEVER live in one of these subdivisions. I don’t care what the wife said

furtaker

I have no desire to hunt urban areas. I despise sitting in the stand listening to boom boxes, traffic, car horns, and kids screaming. Getting in the woods away from all that crap is one of the main things I love about hunting.