Nelly and Tanny in Kansas- Year 2

nellyw92

Have about 10 minutes left. Just had a young 8 walk by at 15 yards. He was grunting but tarsal glands were clean as a whistle. Stopped smelled the ground and peed about 25 yds from me. Big boy better hurry or I’m gonna run out of light

Smokim

Hope it's a short track. He was hit hard, let out a deep groan, ran in a small circle then ran north out of sight. Just hoping for a solid blood trail. Can be iffy when it's not a pass through.

Smokim

Not a ton of blood so going to give him until the morning. I feel good about the shot so hopefully will find him quickly. MIght be hard to track without solid blood trail though.

stringmusic

Awesome! Hope y’all can find him

nellyw92

Awesome! Hope you find him! What years did you play at UGA Nelly, if you don’t mind me asking?
Hoping to shoot one out of the same stand and be taking pics of both this morning.
Played from 2012-2014 not our best years as a baseball program but it was fun nonetheless

nellyw92

Sitting in the Y stand this morning, same stand that Tanny shot out of last night. As I was getting to the truck last night guy pulled up and talked to me, said he shot a bruiser but didn’t get much penetration so he backed out and will look this morning... well coyotes have been sounding off all morning all around our property so hopefully Tanny deer didn’t get going by the yotes.
It’s not a hunting trip unless you’re late to stand one day right? We like to leave the lodge by 515, well today I woke up at 545. I rushed around trying to not wake Tanny and got it the door within 5 minutes. Able to get to the stand only a few minutes late but it might be a cold morning after accruing all this sweat from rushing. I’ve got light now so let’s make it happen!
Thanks for sticking with us and wishing us luck!

Smokim

Sitting in the Y stand this morning, same stand that Tanny shot out of last night. As I was getting to the truck last night guy pulled up and talked to me, said he shot a bruiser but didn’t get much penetration so he backed out and will look this morning... well coyotes have been sounding off all morning all around our property so hopefully Tanny deer didn’t get going by the yotes.
It’s not a hunting trip unless you’re late to stand one day right? We like to leave the lodge by 515, well today I woke up at 545. I rushed around trying to not wake Tanny and got it the door within 5 minutes. Able to get to the stand only a few minutes late but it might be a cold morning after accruing all this sweat from rushing. I’ve got light now so let’s make it happen!
Thanks for sticking with us and wishing us luck!
Make it happen Nelly!

#Polarplunge2019!

nellyw92

First deer of the morning could only see it’s hind legs and butt wasn’t Very large so thinking it was a doe.

nellyw92

She turned around and is walking my trail through timber from the creek. Smelling every step I took. She keeps looking behind her so hopefully boyfriend is in tow

nellyw92

Rattled and had about a 115” 2 yr old come in. Had me seriously thinking about it and might have taken shot but he winded me at about 40 yds. Normally let that deer walk but don’t want to go home with tags in pocket two years in a row. He trotted back off to the East where he came from. Sounds like there is something in timber west of me, let’s see if anything pops out

nellyw92

Deep loud and long grunts coming from in front of me, sounded like it was going away from me. Could have been the deer I heard to my left in the timber. C’mon over please!!