Nelly and Tanny in Kansas- Year 2

Smokim

I got down at 11 and moved the stand about 80 yds N. If the deer Tanny saw last night does the same thing then I’ll be in the right spot. I’ve got good trails running E and W right in front of me with a big rub. There’s bedding about 60 yds to the west so hopefully they’ll be getting up out of there and walking by me soon

It's going to happen!

Smokim

In the Y stand. Tiny pond in front of me with tree line running up valley between two ridges. Ridges have a few trees but mostly CRP. This spot is what I picture in my mind when I think of Kansas whitetail hunting.
Screenshot_20191108-124229_Maps.jpg

Smokim

There is a deer near here that has serious issues with cedar trees. One of many runs. As I was typing heard a deep buck roar to my right.

nellyw92

Thank you! Hoping we can do it soon! Been a very slow day for me but we all know in November it could change in a second

Smokim

Never saw anything. There is a chance he is bedded in patch of trees to my right about 100 yds

stringmusic

Cool story. Nelly played baseball for UGA before being drafted by Seattle. His academic advisers Dad is a farmer in Kansas!!! So here we are.
Very cool. Is he still playing for Seattle?

turkeykirk

Maybe y’all need to go ahead and do the polar plunge to change your luck.:biggrin3:

nellyw92

First movement I’ve seen since day break, small bobcat in front of me about 30 yds. He was on the prowl, pretty cool to watch