New boots

Hamer174

I posted this in the Turkey talk forum also. My Lacrosse alphaburly are leaking. Seem to be dry rotten after 4 season. Got to buy a new pair, and I hate my feet and pants legs getting wet.

What boots are ya'll wearing??

Hillbilly stalker

I had a pair of the Lacrosse 4x4 snake boots (rubber). Great first year. Rotted before second year around the ankle. Sent them back and they replaced them but included a warranty card reminding me of their 90 policy. Just FYI.

Big7

The Oracle
Don't be fooled by "name brand".

I have a pair of Ozark Trail about ten years old.
Bought another pair as soon as I found out
how good they are. Saving them if the old pair wear out.

Got some boots, complements of Uncle Sam
when my late Father got a "few" pair when the "issue"
were phased out. (yeah, it was legal) They were going to the dump.

Home Depot "rubber" boots will keep you just as dry.
Just put on some more socks.

Wear what works. Forget all the hype. :D

Just sayin'.

Hamer174

Yeah they don’t have to be “name brand” I just want something comfortable and will last. These Lacrosse were like wearing tennis shoes I just figured they would last longer. Specially since I don’t leave them on the back of my truck or anything and tried to take care of them.

fountain

I would consider that pretty good and I would get another pair. I put a lot of miles on mine during turkey season. I try to store mine in the shade (garage/inside) at all times.

Hamer174

I would consider that pretty good and I would get another pair. I put a lot of miles on mine during turkey season. I try to store mine in the shade (garage/inside) at all times.

Yeah you are right. Also been reading some good rubber conditioner from time to time would help. Lacrosse website was saying it from getting wet and drying a lot and temp change makes the rubber expand and contract.

Stump Shooter

I really like my Lacrosse, I have a pair of insulated and a pair of uninsulated. I wash with a brush and hose pipe after walking in the swamps and keep stored out of direct sunlight as Fountain said.

Kris87

Maybe try the Lacrosse Aerohead next. They use a different compound in the rubber. I love mine, best boot I own, and I have at least 5-6 pair of rubber pac boots.

zeke392

I have and have had numerous pair of Lacrosse boots that have served me well for years. Dry rot was the only reason I had to replace any. If you wear'em as much as I do, 4 years is a good run. My son got a pair of Muck boots and they seem to be of good quality but they are not as comfortable as my Lacrosse boots to me.

Permitchaser

LL Bean Boots. Used for years. Comfortable and dry. If you going to walk in water you might want to Snow Seal the stitching. I have not on my new ones and so far no problems

Jim Boyd

Call Lacrosse - they will Help you.