New bow itch

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Well my hoyt crx32 is about 7 years old bow, still shoots great and I have no complaints. I've started to really get an itch for a new bow, but not sure if it's really any point to it. Doesn't seem like the technology has really changed much in bows, or am I missing Something.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The newer bowtech stuff is neat. "Smart bow" technology with a he flip disc to change between speed and comfort. PSE has some cool new stuff out.....90 percent let off. Very smooth from what I hear.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Thanks, I'm planning on doing some shopping and shooting. I've been very happy with this bow so I'm kind of out of the loop of the new stuff.

Bubba_1122

I shot the new Mathews Triax , liked it and bought it.

Doesn't mean you'll like it. We're all different. But you oughta shoot one and see what you think.

BowanaLee

Looking at Obsessions new line up and wondering about my shoulder, I'm thinking about a 90% let off bow thats faster than I have. Less poundage, holding weight and still up to 3-D speed with 40 lb limbs. Heck 15 or so fps is a turn or two off my limb bolts ? Might even get me in the woods ?

Kris87

Having shot a CRX32 many years back, I'll go ahead and tell you that the new offerings, from all the companies, are going to blow you away compared to what you have now.

Me, I'm partial to PSE because the Evolve cam system is the best out right now.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I want to shoot that new evoke 31 something fierce...

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
i'll justify buying it by saying I NEED a shorter ATA bow for hunting out of saddle :biggrin2:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Having shot a CRX32 many years back, I'll go ahead and tell you that the new offerings, from all the companies, are going to blow you away compared to what you have now.

A friend of mine who shoots competition 3d all over told me the evolve cam is the best out right now also. I definitely need to make it to a few bow shops and do some shooting.

Tadder

The NEW 19'S from Mathews are in at Sam Bows Archery in Ila,Ga. I shoot all 3 and liked them all. I really liked the 33" ata . These Bows are awesome.

davidhelmly

Hey Kris, have you shot the new Hoyt RX3 yet? If so curious of your thoughts.

Kris87

Hey Kris, have you shot the new Hoyt RX3 yet? If so curious of your thoughts.

No I haven't shot it. I was a Hoyt fan for nearly a decade, but they lost me when the DFX cam came out. I love their grips, fit and finish, and tuneability. But I really think they need to go away from a hybrid cam at this point. They're just getting out done by Bowtech, PSE, and even Mathews at this point in the cam department.

BGA

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Just stopped in and shot pse, Hoyt and Mathews. Wasn't impressed with pse, just didn't fit me. The Hoyt was great, and last minute I asked about the new Mathews vertix, I've never been a Mathews fan, but it shot great, luckily someone else walked in to shoot and I snuck out, or else I'd have a new bow. The new dovetail mount for the rest was impressive also the new mod system to adjust weight was nice. Only complaint was the small valley, but I see that as improving my anchor.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Well, didn't really mean for it to happen as quick as it did. But I sold my hoyt. Guess I need to do some serious shopping. Lol

Curvebow05

I just shot all the new bows a couple days ago. Obviously you should too, find the grip and draw cycle you like best. I shoot a Hoyt AlphaMax so one year older I believe than your late bow. Bowtech absolutely swept the field this year with some goofy looking cams. Good weight, super fast, zero hand shock, quiet. I shot the 60lb model that sends a 400 spine Outlaw downrange very close to 320fps. It is sneaky fast. It is by far the best bow I've ever shot. I shot PSE's for a long time before the Hoyt and still have a Dream Season XForce HF in the garage (for sale). The second best bow I shot was the Hoyt RX-3 and at close to $2000 barebow it better be good. I was pretty set on a Bowtech Realm out of the 2018 lineup and the new bow hung that out to dry.