New BroadHead Design

Bow Only

Next year, Aerodynamic Solutions will be making a new broadhead. It has no blades to cause wind planing and groups like a field point. The great part is, it is not an expandable. Never before has this concept been used in the broadhead industry and will certainly cause the big boys some concern. It has a cutting diameter of just over an inch and is made from titanium. I believe it weighs in at 100 grains. It is the most indestructable broadhead ever made and should penetrate as good or better than any broadhead. The designer described how it works to me and it certainly will receive a lot of attention. The concept behind it is solid, I am just curious if it causes any noise in flight. I haven't seen a picture but can't wait to see them. I won't mention how it cuts until after the ATA show in Jan.

7 Mag

Interesting, Verrry Interesting !

Keep us posted on this, you've got my curiosity up.

reylamb

Titanium???? What is the cost going to be on those things. You have also gottne my interest a little bit here. Maybe I will have to go to the show afterall.

QuakerBoy

no blades, not expandable...1 inch cutting diameter?

I think I missed something. how does it cut

Bow Only

These heads have got to be expensive. Just like the Gobbler Guillotines, they'll be pricey. I have talked to an outdoor writer that has seen them and he was impressed. Of course, shooting them will be the real test. My guess is that they'll be so expensive, most bow hunters will opt for something else.

cowboyron

I got it.......no blades must have titanium Feathers. The feathers do all the cutting....if thats not it maybe I'll design one like that. :D :bounce: What ya think fellers.....just have to be extra careful.....but thats a concept that has never been touched.

matthewsman

maybe

some sort of bullet inserted in the shaft that the primer is punched by a firing pin type tip on a sliding weight in the arrow?(Don't be stealing my idea) ::ke: Might call them muzzles instead of muzzy's.Any body know where I can get some 2413's magna-ported?

TOW

It's a teensy tiny little chainsaw on the front of the arrow. Muffled of course...

Deer Chainsaw Massacre..

Don't worry about limbs in the way either. It buzzes right through them..

BTW - The blades for vanes has been done.. and outlawed in several states..

cowboyron

Tow, No kidding.....I never heard of such but I could see how and why it would be outlawed, sounds purdy dangerous. :eek:

kcausey

Banned
I Saw It!!!

Has a basic ferrule, but looks to have four 1/2 moon "wirery loops parallel to the ferrule for "blades."

kcausey

Banned
well..

I was gonna leave that up to the originator of this post, i didn't wanna take anyone's cake, ya know, I'll find one soon, though.

reylamb

Seeing as how I know some Arrowdynamic staff shooters, I will see if I can get some of these in.

Having said that, at first glance, I have one thought, no way.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 221

matthewsman

Look like

A trocar type tip that uses spring steel loops to tear through after the tip cuts?Seems like if one of the loops broke it would catch inside like a judo point?Anyway............we'll see

Bow Only

Rey, remember that pic is of two that aren't sharpened. The razorwire is a 5 sided wire that is heat treated to shape to releave stress and sharpened to scapel sharpness. Repeated hits with a sledge hammer on an anvil did absolutely no damage. All other broadheads were destroyed. It took 6 and 8 shots to shoot it through a concrete block (twice). Only a small ding on the trocar tip that could be resharpened. Of course I want to shoot them before I put them too high on a pedestal. But I do believe they will be the next generation of broadheads. Within hours of the ATA starting, all of the major broadhead mfgs. were at his booth. He's getting me samples but will be months before they ship.

reylamb

After a couple of calls this weekend, I found out the same thing, they are not ready for production yet.

Like I said, I will withhold full judgement until after I get my hands on some, but initial reaction is they do not look promising.