New Camera Recommendations

Kootie

I looked at the sticky above but its old.

My wife has a Canon D-60 and its time for an upgrade. Looking for recommendations for a replacement...would like camera that's a slight upgrade from her current one. Personal use; mostly for vacations, wildlife and landscape pics. Would like a "package deal" (camera, lenses, bag, etc...) say $1500 or less.
Many Thanks

GAJoe

I think you ment 60D. That's what I had before my 7D MkII. I got a deal from Canon a couple years ago at Christmas time. The refurbished 7D MkII Kit was $1349. Had the EF-S 18-135mm STM lens and the warranty was the same as a new one. You could also return it for like 6 weeks for a refund or exchange no questions. It's been great . That kit is good for vacations and landscape. Wildlife takes a long lens; got my 100-400mm LII refurbished from Canon also.

GAJoe

Just saw that Canon Refurbished 80D with EF-S 18-55mm for $730 and then add the 70-300mm for $450 to give you a good set-up for what you want and well within your budget.
Do a search for "Canon USA refurbished"
Ends in a couple hours!
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

GAJoe

Great!

wvdawg

Staff member
Check out B.H. Photo too. They usually offer special deals on new/refurbished equipment. Sounds like a newer Canon is in line so you can use your current lenses with it.