New Camera

srb

Has anyone bought a day 6 camera ?

If so did you like it ? Pro / cons

And any advice on a new camera purchase ..

Thanks

shdw633

I have a Day 6 and overall I like it but that being said they do have their drawbacks like it doesn't take night pics, which is when the bucks move the most. Unless the deer are close you really have a hard time telling what they are. The camera is limited to the size of card that you put in it; as my lease is 5 hours away I usually get about 11 days worth of data off a 32gb card so if you have to leave it for more than a couple of weeks you are going to miss some of the activity. I haven't used them nearly as much since I started using cellular cams but they are still good for gathering daytime movement information. I use them now to detemine where the most daytime activity is occurring while I am away so that I know where the best stand to sit in is when I return to camp as to not waste time in a stand that has little to no daytime activity.

madison41

I love the Day 6 camera. You get to see deer movement during the day which is when it matters. Although you cant see super detailed pictures, it is very helpful when you know of a good deer in the area because you can tell the difference in a big deer and not a big deer. Also, they are awesome cameras during Turkey season.