New electronics time.

Randy52

Anybody seen any really good deals on electronics lately? Looking at 9-10 inch screen size. Been a Lowrance guy all my life. With all the new features out, I have become open minded to all brands.

RamblinWreck

I have HB Helix 9 MSI+ G3N GPS at the console. Really good SI.
Up front is a Garmin Echomap+ 93sv with a Panoptix LiveScope System. Game changa! (y)

All purchased from BBG Marine, except 93sv which was on sale at Cabelas for $599. Not sure if any are left at that price.

Now I am poor, but happy.

JROESEL

I just put two new garmin 93sv plus units on and absolutely love them, live scope is on the way, it is amazing how good panoptix is, I caught them on sale for 600$, I took two lowrance hds 9 gen 3 off

Bigtimber

Since the anti gun stance Dicks Sporting Goods took.....they not getting any more of my money. Just saying....

JROESEL

If somebody would like to speak about those hds 9’s, shoot me a pm, I still have all the boxes, manuals and everything, I would sell them, comes with sonar/Hd structure scan transducers and lake maps

Teh Wicked

I just got a new Huminbird Helix 7 G3 with Side Imaging, for a $630 unit, its highly impressive. Only thing I can say bad about the particular model I got is it doesn't have networking or Bluetooth.

littlejon

I run HB'S and love them. With that said Garmin might hold the future. Can HB or Lowrance tap into that technology or does Garmin hold the rights to it?

JROESEL

I believe garmin has the panoptix warped up, I know they settled a lawsuit with simrad about transducer technology, I’ve had all of them and the garmin is what i have on both rigs

Killdee

I run HB'S and love them. With that said Garmin might hold the future. Can HB or Lowrance tap into that technology or does Garmin hold the rights to it?
Lowrance has a similar product coming out but so far it seems lacking up against the Garmin.

hipster dufus

was looking at lowrance hook 2 past dedember. dealer convinced me to go otherwise. picked up a garmin 93sv at bass pro for 600. love it.u might still b able to find em for that price

RamblinWreck

The Garmin LakeVu G3 maps that come with the 93sv are pretty dang good. Also note 1) Garmin owns Navionics now, so you don't need a Navionics card for a Garmin - they won't work anyway. HB will run either Navionics or LakeMaster. I put a Navionics+ in my 'bird - already had it from a bundle Lowrance Hook2 I am selling.

LittleDrummerBoy

My Lowrance is 14 years old and still going strong. Built like a tank.

The feature race is interesting, but how long they gonna last?

Randy52

Update.
I ended up with a Garmin 93sv I found at a good price. Absolutely love it. Some of the images I’ve seen has been an I opener. I’ve had similar technologies with first gen Lowrance Hds. It’s amazing to see the advancements in tech even at such a modest price point. The cradle is a little worrisome. I’ve yet to see it pop free, but looks suspect in hard water or during travel. All of my boating is on electric only reservoirs, so probably not an issue for me. So far thumbs up!

Burton

The cradle is a little worrisome. I’ve yet to see it pop free, but looks suspect in hard water or during travel.

The 93 on the front of my boat blew out of the cradle while going down the lake at 45. I would definitely remove them during transportation and I'm going to be much more cautious going down the lake. I keep both of mine in a boat box for transport.

Everything else though, I love these units.

RamblinWreck

The holiday prices are in at Bass Pro. The Em+93sv is on sale, as are other units.

JROESEL

Troyboy30, what do you mean in between releases?? Are you talking about the new live scope lvs12 transducer with single 30 degree beam, compared to the live scope lvs32 transducer that requires black box and has 130 degree beam?? Looking at 32 hard, need to know what’s fixing to change, pm me if you want

Latest posts