New fly

Streamer

Here is a new fly I started working with tonight, I learned this style fly from a striper fisherman up in the northeast.
Picture015.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Streamer

Yea, they do look similar, but they are tied differently. This thing move alot more water then the ep flies do, I cant wait to try these out at night during the bomber bite. You got to love ep flies though, I tie alot of them too.
ep.jpg

waregle1

Sweet!!!!

Nice looking fly Josh....the ones I am tying for the swap don't look near that good...:eek:

Kim Youngblood
(waregle1)

Lester7009

Question can you fly fish for stripers with 9' fly rod. I have a new Sage SP 9' fly rod would like to fish for stripers but I don't know if this rod will work

Streamer

Yes, all my striper rods are 9ft. What weight is the rod? I use 7-9wts on lanier, you can get away with a 6wt, just dont hook a biggin:bounce:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great look'n fly!

F.A.R.R.

Great looking tye, nice job! I haven't seen any with that style profile and it sure looks like a fish getter.

Tightliner

What kind of fiber are you usung to ge that volume?
Later---------------

Streamer

It is all flash-n-slinky, the volume comes from the way you tie it, I kind of hard to explain. Ill take some pics next time I tie one.

Tightliner

Bought some this week end. It ties up great! Thanks for sharing new stuff! Later ...................................

Last edited: