New kayaker

Fishnfam

Well guys, just moved to Tobesofkee area, went ahead and purchased a feel free lure 2 tandem. Wondering for some good spots to take the kayak out around here. Not asking for fishing spots, I can find them myself. Just looking for a little direction on the best bodies of water for kayaking.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Lake Juliet. No water lice.

RamblinWreck

There's kayaking, and there's fishing. What I mean is you can fish anywhere you can boat with a kayak, but a kayak is great for rivers with shoals (within reason, class I-II rapids unless you are an adrenaline junky) and no-gas-engine lakes and reservoirs, as well a tight or "skinny" water unsuitable for a boat with any kind of draft. So having a kayak opens up some water to you you can't really fish with a "big" boat. These are my favorite places to fish.
For example
Flint, Chattahoochee, Ocmulgee, Satilla, Coosa rivers and more... oh yes.
Most counties have water reservoirs, reduced HP or gas-free lakes like Juliette, High Falls, Cedar Creek..
I don't like taking my yak on big lakes: Lanier, Oconee, the Hill, West Point - except when it is cold, and rec boaters, wake and water lice drivers are inside their homes with heater on, watching TV. Oct-April, basically.
Go forth and fish! Post pics and reports here! (y)

Fishnfam

Guess I should of meant I’m new to kayaking to this area. Not interested in rapids at all lol, I’ve rolled the dice enough in life haha. I’m actually headed to Clarks hill for the weekend , thanks for the info!!

GreenPig

I'd avoid the bigger lakes until the wake boats & water lice are stored for winter. Juliette, High Falls, and all the Ga PFA's should keep you busy. Night fishing opened May 1st on most PFA's. Juliette isn't too clear but the bite is like a light switch. OFF or ON. Good luck neighbor.

Teh Wicked

Ah, the old Tandem Kayak, the best way to test a relationship with the significant other...