New members of the “empty nest” club

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Son moved out earlier in the year to his own apartment. Daughter moved out this week for college. sad to see them go but honestly we are looking forward to this chapter of our life. We got pregnant less than a year into our marriage and were both burning the candle at both ends them with our career so we never had any “us” time. Looking forward to finally meeting the woman I married 22 years ago. Lol

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Be glad that you're happily married. "Empty nest" syndrome isnt as fun when you're divorced. Take my word on it.

I can easily see why your statement is so true. Mine wasn't from a divorce BUT it surely hurts just the same.

As for me, I lost my wife of 31-1/2 years back close to 13 years ago due to severe heart disease and diabetes. Then I ultimately fell in love with my Texas girlfriend of 9 years (who had saved my life) while I was having a heart attack only 6 months after my wife died. Our relationship blossomed over the next several years and we traveled all over the country and into Canada as well. We really had a wonderful time together in every respect. I was able to spend a lot of time in Houston taking care of her as she battled so many surgeries, chemo and radiation treatments and various hospital visits etc over these years. Unfortunately I lost her back 2 1/2 years ago due to breast cancer and that left an empty hole in my soul for sure.

Fortunately, now I have a rampart love life with a beautiful young blonde lady that is less than half of my age. She makes me feel on top of the world and I am really blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life. I met her back a couple of years ago when I was struggling to walk on crutches due to knee surgery and I was trying to carry several bags at the same time across the parking lot to my vehicle. She stopped and helped me with the bags etc and got me in the vehicle safely. We talked for a few minutes as I thanked her and she gave me a big hug before departing that day. Fast forward a few more months and we just happened to run into each other again and we became good friends after that. Now for about 15 months, we spend some time together and we really enjoy having lunch together and just spending lots of time together overall. We are just good for each other and it is great that she is just beautiful inside and outside.

She does have two wonderful children that includes a daughter in the 4th grade and a son in the 9th grade now. She is a great Mother to them as well. I have also made it clear that I will never get married again as I would lose one of my pensions as such BUT we could be as close as she wants to be. She is content with that fact and we actually love each other and she also has several other friends that really like me and we spend time together with them as well.

The fact is that everybody needs some companionship in one way or another because loneliness is one of the worse things ever.

Now for the sake of full disclosure, I do have a wonderful Daughter and Son-in-Law that I will always do anything for. They live and work in Statesboro as they both graduated from GSU and both work on campus for GSU as well. They will always come FIRST in my life until my last breath.

My biggest problem of sorts is being able to tell my Daughter about my younger blonde lady friend because she is actually younger than my Daughter. I just haven't found the right words to explain that yet. :banginghe

Last edited:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Oldest is starting college. Youngest in 10th grade.
Oldest looking forward to beginning her journey to become a Nurse Practitioner.
Youngest looking forward to basketball season.
Wife & I looking forward to being a part of all that.

Not looking forward to an empty nest.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like us. Wife got pregnant with our son about as soon as she moved in, and it was wide open for the next 18 years. We've been by ourselves for about six years now since the youngest son joined the military. It is nice. We've gotten quite used to it. Son is coming in with the grandkids to spend a couple weeks here soon, gonna be hectic.

marknga

GONetwork Member
A few years ago we became emptynesters. Honestly I was concerned... for 22 years there was a daughter/s here. It was awesome. My wife and I actually liked each other!
Now we are taking care of my 94 year old mother inlaw and 70 year old disabled sister in law. Thankful that we can and are able to
But I do miss our 3 or 4 years of "us".
Good luck and enjoy.
We so love it when the kids and grandkids come to visit!