New members of the “empty nest” club

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We been empty nesters for over 20 years, as our boys went off to college, and later got married. It was kinda rough to start with, but now we love to see the grandkids, come spend time with us, and we usually are glad to see them go. We have got kinda set in our ways, but luckily we are very close to out Sons, and love our DIL's.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
We are working on year 3. My kids graduated from college a day apart and one got married 2 weeks later. The other got married 3 weeks after that! That was a hectic and expensive summer to say the least. Empty nest has been great for us, kind of in a groove and doing our own thing. My daughter and her husband live close now after being out of the country for a couple years. My son and his wife are in north Ga. so we don't get to see them as often but it makes the visits all that muck sweeter.

jigman29

We have been married 22 years and are now facing life without our kids here all the time. I told my wife a few weeks ago that the kids have been the buffer between us for so long that now it's just us and I don't really like her that much lol. We are trying to learn how to be our only company again and it's been a struggle. But were getting there on day at a time.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
We are dinks, we never filled the nest. It's worked out well for us and we don't regret it like everyone said we would.

Then you oughta be a Pro on da Twista Mat. Maybe challenge the All Time Nekkid Twista Champion - Quack, Doctor Luv himself! :bounce:

Lilly001

My wife and I are going on 41 years.
I don't think we've been alone for more than maybe 2 or three of those years scattered over it all.
We started by having my parents and younger siblings move in to our 2 br house with us when we had been married just over a year, then came her mother and her mothers handicapped son (CP). Then we got a bigger house. Then my youngest sister (again) when she was an unmanageable teen. Then my SIL. Then my married son and his wife/child. Then my widowed mother. Then the now divorced son. And now I'm just moving the SIL (72 yoa) back in.
Empty nest? What's that?
I go to my cabin in Ga for my sanity.

Mark K

Banned
Youngest just moved out less than a month ago and we adopted. There will never be an empty nest for us, lol. Or at least not for another 15 years or so and I’m perfectly fine with that. I truly believe kids keep you younger...with a few aches and pains!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
technically, empty nesters for about 6 years, but they keep coming back around! It'll be harder on momma than on you. Her life has been all about them for a long time. Find something to keep her busy and her mind off of it. You'll thank me later.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
technically, empty nesters for about 6 years, but they keep coming back around! It'll be harder on momma than on you. Her life has been all about them for a long time. Find something to keep her busy and her mind off of it. You'll thank me later.

Looking at getting her a second hand pulpwood truck and a new saw