new rod/reel combo

Looking to purchase a new baitcaster combo.
Ive have/had BPS reels(Extreme), Abu Garcia reels (blackMax and Ambassaders), Quantam (KVD). Very happy with all these. Most all of these with BPS Tourney Choice or Graphite Series rods.
But Im looking to go up to a better quality reel. Something like a Curado,Caenan,Citca, Lews, etc...
And what kind of rod?
No more than $200 total in both.
Something to use with topwater, spinnerbaits, crankbaits
Any suggestions?

hipster dufus

i like the bps extreme rods. still like the cork handles. if ui can get em on sale even better. otherwise bionic blades

Coenen

Sounds like an Ugly Stick budget to me. Got a couple of the original Uglies that I use for the applications you want, and like them a lot. You might look at the newer GX2's, or Inshore Select series. Should leave you about $150 for the reel. I love my Shimanos, but all of the positive feedback here on the board will have me considering Lew's next time I'm buying a new bait caster.

The mtn man

If your on a tight budget and like spinning combos, the pfluger president at walmart is a good buy.

doomtrpr_z71

Tatula Type r from ebay=120 and a abu garcia vengence rod=60, hard to beat that. The St croix triumph x is only $75.