New Site

georgia_home

Gone. Not much but ads here. Do yeah, it’s gone at least let 2 devices of mine.

It don’t matter though. Other sites have addressed this when moving from vbulletin to zenforo, so when you get the feedback you just want to get whiny back.

The other pictures of 1/3+ of the screen aren’t worth the effort to downsize as you’ll just make excuses for why that is.

Oh well. Back to paymasters cooking threat!

Attachments

• 37685D69-8D0E-4992-8C4F-FD7B7DB9807C.jpeg
    37685D69-8D0E-4992-8C4F-FD7B7DB9807C.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 20

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

It don’t matter though. Other sites have addressed this when moving from vbulletin to zenforo, so when you get the feedback you just want to get whiny back.

The other pictures of 1/3+ of the screen aren’t worth the effort to downsize as you’ll just make excuses for why that is.

Looks like that's on your end. Mine looks nothing like that. On none of my devices. Do those other sites have 100,000 members? If all you want to do is complain, I don't know how to help you, unless we rename this Georgia Home's Campfire and let you run it and pay for it and do all the work. Otherwise, I'd enjoy it for what it is, like the rest of us. And I didn't start a thread whining about it, you did. There are things I don't like about the new format myself, and there are things I like better. In the long run, I'll take it as the folks who pay for it and maintain it give it to me. If this is the worst problem you have in your life, then you're doing pretty good. I'm done, some folks stay in negative mode and cannot be satisfied.

A hint: Adblock plus is free and takes about two minutes to download and install. I haven't seen an ad on this or any other website in years.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Mine looks nothing like that either and I wonder why anyone would want to view adds if there is another option.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Ad Blocker is the answer.
If you're not using it, don't shop for underwear on Amazon.
You might not like the ads that show up.

gunnurse

I hate this new site layout. I won't be on here as much as I have enjoyed it for several years now. Oh well I guess all good things must end!!!!!!!!!!
Bye, bye to ya. Not trying just to rub salt in your wound, but ya’ll just stop it. For all the documentation format changes that I have been through in nursing, no one has ever died from it. I doubt anyone will die from this. Smile, breathe, enjoy life.

Duff

Bye, bye to ya. Not trying just to rub salt in your wound, but ya’ll just stop it. For all the documentation format changes that I have been through in nursing, no one has ever died from it. I doubt anyone will die from this. Smile, breathe, enjoy life.
Some peoples just can’t

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Yeah, looking at the image you posted I can see the big middle ad. That takes up a lot of screen. As already mentioned, install an ad-blocker on your device. I highly recommend it. Not just because of this site, but it will help on all the other sites you visit that are filled with ads, too. You'll be shocked at how much of a difference having an ad-blocker makes. It can also speed up your browsing.

Just to give you an idea, here is what this site looks like on my iPad Pro without an ad-blocker.

in2.png

Here is how this site looks with Norton Ad Blocker installed. By the way, I am using Safari web bowser on my iPad.

in.png

Here is the ad-blocker I am using on my iPad, but there are others just as good, if not better. I use Opera as my primary web browser on my desktop. Opera has built-in ad-blocking and it works great.

Best of luck to you, bud!

GoldDot40

Mine looks the same as the above. I'm using the Samsung browser on my Note 8 with an ad-blocker app. I already said before, I'm on a few forums using Xenforo. I like it.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
A hint: Adblock plus is free and takes about two minutes to download and install. I haven't seen an ad on this or any other website in years.

Chrome browser, Adblock, and Privacy Badger, and I have no popups, no ads, and a fast load time. I haven't seen an ad on any webpage in years, and don't miss them. Now, on occasion, I will get a message that a page won't load because I am using Adblocker, and wanting me to disable it for their page. I figure if I have to do away with my Adblocker to view it, I probably don't need to see it anyway and leave the site.

I agree with you 100% NCH... some folks would gripe and fuss if you gave them chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. I mean the site is free, it is well maintained and gives lots of great information, and all some want to do is fuss,fuss,fuss,fuss because it doesn't look just like they want it to look. I hope they enjoy running their own website in the future

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Well, we could have stayed with the old, obsolete format with no support, and within a year or two or less the whole site would have crashed and self-imploded or gotten hacked and we would have had no Woody's. Y'all don't have to put in the work behind the scenes. For free.

How much exactly are y'all paying to use this site? How much work do y'all do to keep it up and running? I think you don't have much room to constatnly gripe and complain. It gets old. Everything isn't done yet, but a lot of people have been working their butts off and spending a ton of money behind the scenes to keep this site up and running for y'all. For free. And all we hear is gripegripegripegripegripegripegripe most of the time. A lot of people probably got mad when Ford discontinued the Model T and said they just wouldn't drive any more if all you could get was those new-fangled style horseless carriages. But, change is a constant in this world.

Folks, do you know how much technology has changed in the last couple decades, since the old format was new? And folks griped about the changeover to the new format then, because they were used to the one before that. Things can't stay the same and keep working. I've had old trucks I loved, but at some point, if they won't get you to work and back, you have to let go and get something that runs. This platform has a lot better features and stability than the old one. How about giving it a chance instead of complaining about it? There are still bugs being worked out, and more changes to come. Be patient. And be glad that we have Woody's Campfire.

Rant over. :)
Dang it man. The old "model T" analogy! Great post

JackSprat

Ad Blocker is the answer.
If you're not using it, don't shop for underwear on Amazon.
You might not like the ads that show up.

100% -

I don't understand the complaints about ads. Firefox + Adblock = no ads.

kind sucks for the forum owner, but works for me.

Argent11

First of all, the Woody's Campfire logo is not gone. And the ad spaces are pretty much the same they were on the old forum. And I think some people have no comprehension of "work in progress." Changing all this over has not been a quick or easy job. They are still working on it. I think the priorities are getting the engine running right before dealing with the paint job. This is a forum with nearly 100,000 members. It's not a rinky-dink site that can be overhauled in a day. Keep in mind that all the history and posts and everything of all the members has been transferred, so we're not starting over from scratch.It just blows my mind that some have nothing positive to say about GON working their butts off and spending a ton of money so you can enjoy a free forum, but the only thing you worry about is how they choose to lay out the home forum page? I think this is the best spot on the web, myself, and will only get better with the better platform. And be patient, there are still changes to come. The process is not complete. Asthetics are the least of the worries in an overhaul like this, and will likely be the last thing addressed.

Amen, it took H&K six months to work out all the kinks and a lot of time and money. Commend the crew for that they are doing the best they can. Without interrupting transmission.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I ain't complaining till you start charging me. Then I will voice my opinions.

Oldstick

It's fine with me, just a little harder to follow for some with the new page layouts. I tend to prefer gridlines or highlighting to delineate and separate each post and comment. But kudos for a lot of hard work in making the updates.

Latest posts