New to the point hunting

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I thought I might share some of the pieces of rock that I've picked up over the past couple of years taking my dog to exercise. I don't know anything about them other than they're old but I'm willing to learn. The wife thinks I'm crazy every time I come back and dump a handful of rubble on the kitchen counter. :D

Attachments

• point pieces.png
    point pieces.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 678

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
All but 4 pieces are worked points. Nice collection.

Pig Predator

Thanks, it's hard to find anything that hasn't been broke. I know the petrified wood, crystal, and red stone with blue stripes are not worked, just thought they were interesting. What other? top right? bottom right?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Chert flake second up from bottom right.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nice finds! Good representation there of several thousand years, from the early Archaic to the Mississippian periods. A lot of those are very similar to the points I find here in western NC.

southernman13

Petrified wood

Cool stuff. I found a piece of petrified wood the other day. Looks very simple to yours

Attachments

• A8E3D81D-5E68-4222-A7C4-721B7068EF3C.jpg
    A8E3D81D-5E68-4222-A7C4-721B7068EF3C.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 627

Pig Predator

A lot of those are very similar to the points I find here in western NC.

That may be because I'm a rocks throw from the line. I'm off gum log in union county. Hayesville is closer to me than Blairsville. It's closer for me to dig ramps in nc than in ga. Or less foot work I should say...

walkinboss01

Nice finds. Congrats!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Pig Predator

Thanks! I have this problem lately where one piggy seems to always get away for some reason.

DEERFU

Nice! It's hard for me to stalk hunt for this reason- eyes always on the ground

Pig Predator

I know what ya mean. A fella asked if I'd found any sheds, I said nope, Not unless they've been rootin around! I can't do both.

Pig Predator

Found this one last week. I aught to go out to my spot today. I heard it rained a inch and a half the other night.

Attachments

• arrowh.jpg
    arrowh.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 170