New tractor problem

Jimmypop

Purchased a Kubota L 3301 DT. Now has 111 hrs. Now my problem.....it has a tier 4 emissions system. Had I known about it I wouldn't have bought it. Tractor is fine otherwise. Is there a way to remove the tier 4 without ruining the tractor. The buttons on the dash don't seem to do anything. Tractor goes into emission mode every 12 or so hours and then 20 min. to shut down. I want to shut down and walk off when I finish with it instead of waiting 20 min.

Attachments

• 0303190842.jpg
    0303190842.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 15

LT6767

Regeneration mode.... my 2016 3301 has it. And yes it's a pain in the butt. Also had a sensor go out on the exhaust which effected operation of the tractor as well. Otherwise the tractor works just fine

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Welcome to the world of EPA ........

tree cutter 08

Trump needs to drain the epa swamp before he leaves! That bull doesn't belong on equipment. I talked to a guy last year about it. At the time he was still working on computer programming for the m7060. I need to check back and see if he has broke the codes yet. I think cost was 2k. That's only to reprogram your computer that you send him. Up to you to mod the removal. I've done studied on removing mine. Won't be to bad, just have to make a few plates and adapter. Sensors will just unplug. Can't remember but he was from canada. Google it and should pull him up. Without tricking the computer it won't work.

ShortMagFan

My MX5800 only regens every 40-50 hours, usually while I’m Bush hogging

I’m no diesel emissions expert but I’ve been told that running them hard burns off some of what the regen burns and therefore extends time between regens. Mine gets pushed hard mowing with extended periods of the engine running at pto speed

660griz

My MX5800 only regens every 40-50 hours, usually while I’m Bush hogging

I’m no diesel emissions expert but I’ve been told that running them hard burns off some of what the regen burns and therefore extends time between regens. Mine gets pushed hard mowing with extended periods of the engine running at pto speed
Yep. I initially ran mine at just enough throttle to get the job done. Regened all the time. Now, I run it at least at PTO speed and have far less regens.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Yep if you run them at PTO speed or higher they will Regen less, because of the exhaust heat. Same as a big truck. Folks would, when the DPF junk first came out, idle their trucks allot and had all kinds of problems.

The sad thing now is anything Diesel over 35hp and under 1000hp have to have the after treatment system on them. Big brother at his best.

Word of caution on deleting the after treatment system. It tractor dealers are like big truck dealers, when you delete the system they won't work on it because of EPA fines.

tree cutter 08

Yep if you run them at PTO speed or higher they will Regen less, because of the exhaust heat. Same as a big truck. Folks would, when the DPF junk first came out, idle their trucks allot and had all kinds of problems.

The sad thing now is anything Diesel over 35hp and under 1000hp have to have the after treatment system on them. Big brother at his best.

Word of caution on deleting the after treatment system. It tractor dealers are like big truck dealers, when you delete the system they won't work on it because of EPA fines.
This is true to what I've heard. As far as running hard to keep regens less, that's just aggregating. No reason to run something harder than needed just to satisfy a exhaust system. If your Bush hogging or plowing yea the increased risk are necessary. Ever try to run your front end loader at 2200 rpm all the time? I wish some of the knuckleheads that came up with all this junk for equipment had to run it for a living.