kranich

So my son bought me a compound bow for my birthday. It's an inexpensive bow package to see how it goes and how much use I will get out of it. Won't go into brand or model as it's not important for my question. I am looking for suggestions for a release with out spending a bunch of money. I know I need to get out there and start shooting so I want to have everything set up and ready this weekend. Thanks in advance

kNocked

Congrats on the new weapon!

If the place it was purchased from has a pro shop, you might ask to try different releases they have there.

I bought my first bow at Bass Pro Shop, and they let me try a few before I decided.

deast1988

Go to pro shops, try a bunch. Then amazon or eBay it. I've seen some steep discounts there.

kranich

Thank you for the suggestions. There is a small local archery shop close so I might see if he has a few I can try out while he is setting up my bow. Can't wait to get out there. I just wasn't sure if one type or another was better for a beginner.

I like the ones that strap around the wrist. Just starting out, one of the ones you just hold in your hand you tend to wanna let the whole she-bang go when you release and then the release goes with it, still connected. The wrist style of course won't let that happen.