Night shift.

Argent11

Been working swing shift for 7 years. 12 hour shifts, 2 days day shift, 2 days off, 3 night shifts, two days off and so on. Get a lot of time off, but never can get adjusted

Wow, that would really mess up your bio clock. It sounds like
something that the oil field would come up with.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Worked a split shift once for a year. 7:00am-11:00am, went home and piddled in the yard or whatever, caught a nap in the afternoon, went back in from 8:00pm-midnight.

Argent11

Dang by daybreak my tail is dragging. Climbing stairs all night taking meter readings. I go into the control room and those guys are sleeping in their chairs lol.

My buddy told me then hit the alarm button and watch them come to life. That's just mean.

ugajay

I work in production myself. Many do it, but I'm not gonna get fired because I'm sleeping. We mess with the sleepers often enough. It's hilarious banging on the table with a hard hat and watching someone go from dead asleep to walking out the door in an instant lol

Reactions: Dub

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Been working 24 on 48 off with a 8-5 on my days off for 15 years. Not bad until we pull an all nighter. Been there long enough to get right at 2 months a year off, love it.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Spent 8 years working shifts from Hades. 7 days of day off 2 7 days of midnight off 3 , 7 days evening off 2. Go back to days and start over. You never adjust.

I worked pretty much that same shift, for 5 years, before getting promoted to a straight day shift job. I dont know if me or my marriage would have lasted rotating shifts for 5 more years. Just like Lindsey's Grandpa says, you never get in any king of rhythm. I was hard to be around when we hit the 11a to 7p slot. To make things worse I was in management and we had meeting every morning at 7:30, and sometimes they would go on forever, because most everyone else was on day shift.

REDMOND1858

Worked nights on the ambulance for a year. Pick up fat folks all night and chores, busy busy all day long. I was unaware of my ability to sleep during the day until then. Absolutely impossible with 2 kids at home. Not to mention you feel like you miss the whole day. I was a zombie for that entire year. One of the best days of my life was my last day there. Sure don’t miss it. I’ll keep my 24/48’s

Argent11

I have to go in again tonight at 2200 . Won't get off until 0800.
That don't leave much time with the family and the wife with her
schedule. She's getting like this about it lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 4

ditchdoc24

I've worked nights about 80% of the time since changing careers in 2009. My family is very focused on making sure I get enough sleep when I'm working night shift so they try to be quiet as much as they can. Just got moved to day shift last week and it's been an adjustment. I'm liking being home with the family every night but I'm still getting used to the heat and the sunshine.

NugeForPres

I have worked rotating 12 hour shifts for about 14 years now. My family has adjusted to it well. It pays well. I can't imagine working nights all of the time. All I know is you just do the best you can to get through them.

Reactions: Dub

Argent11

I have worked rotating 12 hour shifts for about 14 years now. My family has adjusted to it well. It pays well. I can't imagine working nights all of the time. All I know is you just do the best you can to get through them.

Yeah now this. Plant had to shift grid. Gonna be a real long night.
Looking like a black start. ?

PappyHoel

I did the 11-6 am NoC shift for a year or so. I loved it during deer season I would roll directly to the deer stand and sleep after.

sinclair1

I could do third shift. It just switches the sleep and work around. No way I could do second shift.
I had to do a month of second shift.....I have comfirmed it stinks and I wouldn't do it for years for twice the money.

Down4Count

Work shift work now, E&I Maintenance at Plant Hatch...............................14 years and counting...................................

lonewolf247

I've been working 12 hour shifts for 29 years, and still going. You definitely have to psych yourself up, and almost get in another zone when you work. I work days, nights, Holidays, week days, & weekends. It's really unorthodox. The plus side, is I'm off 3-4 days each week, unless I have overtime.