Nightforce NX8 1-8x24mm

cmshoot

Received it last week. Got it mounted up in a 20MOA Nightforce Unimount last night.

The scope weighs 17oz........mount and scope together weigh 24oz, according to my postal scale. Size and weight were the main reasons I went with the NX8 instead of the ATACR 1-8x24mm. I also prefered the illumination and eye box on the NX8.

The center dot and segmented ring of the FC-MOA reticle illuminates. With the scope being FFP, at 1x the illuminated portion makes a sort of irregularly-shaped RDS. This should work just fine for close range work. It adjusts very bright and I do not see any issues with it washing out in bright sunlight.

The illumination settings have an “off” setting in between each one. I like this feature very much. No dialing all the way to one end to shut it off.

At 8x, the center dot is 1.25MOA and the segmented center ring is 8MOA. Overall, there are 50MO of hash marks left and right of center, and 60MOA going down.

I’ll have more impressions once I get some range time.
1EC02CD1-AB7F-4394-9E20-0B91455E9E7D.jpeg0DEE64A2-2796-4CC3-9601-53791CB91B1D.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
I like that off between feature on the SHV too...not much movement to get it on if needed. I should upgrade mine at some point.

wareagle700

Nice. The 1-8 is on my list for a do-it-all optic. Have you done any low-light tests with it?

wareagle700

I was about to offer my rifle to use for the tests. All cmshoot would need to do is send me the scope. ;)

R and D

I have been running a NX8 on my 3 gun rifle for a few months now. I love it so far, have only taken it out to 600 or so, but that about Max in 3 gun anyways...Red dot very daylight bright, don't ever have to turn it up all the way even during middle of day. Fast both eyes open engagements are a breeze....

cmshoot

I’ve got carbines and rifles I could put it on, but I’m wanting a 16”, relatively lightweight, SPR-ish carbine. I’ve got most of the parts on hand; Vltor MUR upper, SOLGW lower, Geissele SSP trigger, Sionics NP3 BCG, small parts. Eyeballing the Black River Tactical 16” SS SPR barrel, just waiting for it to go on sale again.

Klondike

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle in 1x6 and the 1x6 / 1x8 offerings have me thinking that the 3x9 in bolt guns (I own 5) is going to get crowded out. It feels inevitable that someone will release a reasonably low profile / lightweight 1x8 which will be more versatile than a 3x9. I have my 1x6 on my 458 SoCom and it is a great hunting rig with that optic

These new 1x6 / 1x8 won't be just for ARs for long in my view.

CMSshoot - looking through the NF would you consider it for a 0-400yd hunting focused bolt gun?

cmshoot

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle in 1x6 and the 1x6 / 1x8 offerings have me thinking that the 3x9 in bolt guns (I own 5) is going to get crowded out. It feels inevitable that someone will release a reasonably low profile / lightweight 1x8 which will be more versatile than a 3x9. I have my 1x6 on my 458 SoCom and it is a great hunting rig with that optic

These new 1x6 / 1x8 won't be just for ARs for long in my view.

CMSshoot - looking through the NF would you consider it for a 0-400yd hunting focused bolt gun?

I wouldn’t see any issues with using it for that. I used to have an IOR fixed 6x hunting scope on a CZ550FS .30-06 and I doped it out to 500yds.