Nikon Spot-On Technology

krizia829

Anyone with a Nikon scope ever tested out the ballistic table that the Nikon SpotOn app shows for your scope and caliber/ammo type?

I've had it on my phone for years and haven't been able to truly test it out.

krizia829

I have it too, haven't tested it out. But it does show your range and marks change based on magnification. Well it does on my model anyway.
Yup mine too. That's why I wanted to see if anyone has tested it lol

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I've never used it on a firearm, but have a Nikon BoltXR on my crossbow and their table nailed it dead.

Big7

The Oracle
If you like Nikon, you need to be grabbing what's available.

They quit making rifle scopes a few years ago.

I only have one. It's just a plain Jane 3X9X40 with a Duplex Reticle. No complaints but not going to buy every one I can find either.

HughW2

I only have one. It's just a plain Jane 3X9X40 with a Duplex Reticle. No complaints but not going to buy every one I can find either.
I thought they had stepped away from the dirty firearms industry; focusing on binoculars, cameras and medical optics.

krizia829

I haven't bought a new rifle yet to purchase an optic and I had no idea! Shows how long I've been out of the optic sales world.

I have a 2.5-10x50 Monarch on my Rem 700 and I have a 5-25x50 Monarch 5ED on my 6.5 Grendel. Haven't been able to shoot past 100 yards yet. Our local range only goes to 100. There's a 500 yard range about 45 minutes from home but membership is quite costly for how little I'd go there.

I used to have a P-223 3-9x40 on my first AR but I sold it years ago.

I have become a huge fan of Leupold the last few years. Next rifle I get will have a Leupold on it for sure

killerv

I love the app, but cant say I've truly tested it out with centerfires at longer ranges. Done it dialing with 22s up to 100 yards and its pretty close. I use it and Hornady app.