Non Drinking Clubs

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As Ronnie Van Zant once said, “I’ve drank enough whiskey to float a battle ship around. And beer. I’ve done it and I’ve done it well. For a long time. So I dont need it explained to me. I’m not a tee totaler now but I have plenty of experience with the stuff and what happens when groups of people are involved. As somebody already said, there is always that one guy. But in reality, it’s usually him and a couple of his
buddies. I’ve been in hunting clubs and seen it. Been there, done that and am not interested in having to separate the wheat from the chaff. Which is why I hunt my own land with a few close friends and public land with the same guys. To each their own but I’m not interested in finding out who can and who can’t act decent so I avoid the situation altogether.
I am much the same. Me and a few close friends hunt our own land and public land. If you're an obnoxious drunk, you don't come back to camp. Pretty simple. But I'm not going to tell a grown man he can't have a beer after a day of hunting.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I am much the same. Me and a few close friends hunt our own land and public land. If you're an obnoxious drunk, you don't come back to camp. Pretty simple. But I'm not going to tell a grown man he can't have a beer after a day of hunting.

Right. The guys I hunt with are people that I know I don’t have to worry about. But if you join somebody else’s club or hunt on somebody else’s land you don’t get to just do whatever want. I see it as there are plenty of clubs etc that everybody can find the one for them.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Oh I know all to well what it is. I drank a whole whole lot of it one night about 5 years ago. I can smell it now and will gag. If somebody buys me a shot of fireball I'll quickly give it away.
I know one thing for sure: If you drink fireball before a hunt, get as high in a tree as you can, then pee as hard as you ever have, spray it directly in the wind then as much in a 360 as you can, hit every twig and leaf around your stand. After that, Let out a “Rebel Yell” and take your safety off. Them deer are gonna want a taste your fresh Fireball... big Bucks especially.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Why they hate my likkertaw!?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Drinking at the club is dangerous.
It may cause someone to fall off the wagon. :bounce:

Exactly and that's why if you bring a wagon to my place you're out, go home, don't come back.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
There is no place for drinking in a hunting club period. Guns and alcohol have never mixed and never will. What does that teach our kids. Shouldn’t even be a topic about it. Another sign of the ignorance of living outside of Gods plan

What if I only bow hunt these days? Can I get a pass ;)

baddave

reminds me of a muslim wanting to die so he can go to heaven and have, however many virgins..:pop:how boring could that be??

There is no place for drinking in a hunting club period. Guns and alcohol have never mixed and never will. What does that teach our kids. Shouldn’t even be a topic about it. Another sign of the ignorance of living outside of Gods plan
Shame on all of us!!!! As of today I’m done only mountain dews for me that’ll teach em!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do y'all hunt on Sunday morning, or have prayer meeting?

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I agree. I got out of a club last year and that was one of the reasons. To much alcohol consumption and no respect for the kids being there when I brought them.

Wayne D Davis

I believe I've told part of my story before. I've been a teetotalers going on 10 yrs(after 36 yrs of drinking) Part of the reason I got out of clubs and strictly hunt public land now. I have no problems with folks chilling around the camp having a few adult beverage. Keep it in camp after the days hunt is over. No back packing brews to the stand or midday happy hour before reloading and returning to the woods. Alcohol and guns don't mix any better that drinking and driving.

Mark K

Banned
I don’t care what people do until it could possibly effect me or my family.
A few beverages before a decent bedtime, have at it. Start cussing my younguns or making comments about my wife and they’ll sleep real good. When I was club looking I tried to find more of a family oriented club.
With that being said, I was in a duck club that could get as rowdy as a biker gang, but let a lady or kid show up and they wouldn’t even think about getting out of line.
The head man in charge had a “last call time” so to speak. You could drink as much and as long as you wanted, but past a certain time and you wouldn’t be putting your waders on the next morning. A drunk with a loaded shotgun in a steel pit just wasn’t gonna happen.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

You must be confused. This is the Deer Hunting forum. The Spiritual forums are further down on the home page. Just scroll down a little bit. You'll find them.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I agree. I got out of a club last year and that was one of the reasons. To much alcohol consumption and no respect for the kids being there when I brought them.

I can remember on one of our turkey hunting/camping trips to Big Lazer Creek WMA this friend of my uncle's showed up. Everything was fine until later that night after supper when he started getting loaded. I was about twelve at the time and had never been around a loud, obnoxious drunk before. This guy didn't care. He was using cuss word in the book and acting nasty. I don't remember what the final straw was but my old man got his attention and made it real clear that he better keep all that in his pocket. My dad was not somebody you messed with and he didn't tolerate people talking like that around my momma or us when we were kids.

Amazing to me that some people think it's ok to that and even think it makes them look cool or tough. I guaran-dang-tee you that I don't tolerate that kind of crap around my daughter and people shouldn't have to be told but there are a lot of grown up teenagers in the hunting community unfortunately.