North Carolina Trip

Thread starter #1
We are quickly approaching our annual Trout trip to N. Carolina on 10/11. So, to the avid fisherman out there what is yalls thoughts on this hurricane, and what affects do you think it will have on the fish and water?

Pretty much no effect, IMO. In my area, they're calling for 3-5" of rain, and not much wind. Less rain west of here. More the further east you go. I've seen a lot more drastic effects from a severe afternoon thunderstorm countless times than this storm will bring unless something changes greatly. Two weeks from now, you won't know it was here.

What part of NC you heading to?

flyrod444

I'm with NC on this, streams should be fine by then. I will say the Tuck might still be hard to Wade then, but not from the storm. Duke power is pulling down Bear lake on the east fork so divers can safely work on rails the gate at the bottom opperates on. If this pull down is still ongoing at that time it makes for tough wading being the east fork puts out so much water.

Thread starter #8
Pretty much no effect, IMO. In my area, they're calling for 3-5" of rain, and not much wind. Less rain west of here. More the further east you go. I've seen a lot more drastic effects from a severe afternoon thunderstorm countless times than this storm will bring unless something changes greatly. Two weeks from now, you won't know it was here.

What part of NC you heading to?
Bryson City

I just don't think we're going to get too much rough stuff out of this in the western mountains. 2"-4" of rain and 15 mph winds from the latest forecast is less than we often get in afternoon thunderstorms.

We’ve had light steady rain here in the smokies all day but no flooding or wind. We really needed the rain. If anything, this will improve the fishing.