North Ga. Turkey hunt

Woodsman8

Hey guys, I'm from central AL, the wife and I are taking a trip to Tallulah Falls this weekend. I noticed that your season is still in and we will be close to some good looking country so I figured I may bring my hunting stuff. Would any of you be willing to point me in the right direction. I know how these things go and I completely understand not wanting to share info. I am not looking for any detailed hunting spots or anything like that. Maybe just "hey try ____ WMA." It looks like Warwoman and Russell Lake are the closest hunting areas but I don't know anything about either...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

turkeykirk

Lot of Chattahoochee NF land in that area. Stop in at a Forrest Service office and buy a map. About $10. Then hit the woods. Been a few years since I’ve hunted in that area. Good Luck.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Lake Russel WMA is full of birds but it is also VERY crowded with people on good weather days

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
The area surrounding Tallulah (including warwoman) is very steep. Bring your climbing legs. Lake Russell is good but gets lots of pressure. If you can hunt during the week I would hit one of the WMAs.