North Georgia Traditional Archery Club - July 3-D Shoot

dutchman

North Georgia Traditional Archery

Monthly 3-D Shoot

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Hot weather is now firmly entrenched across the sunny South, but we won’t let that stop us from enjoying the next to last shoot of the 2022 season. It takes place on Saturday, July 9 and will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 3:00 p.m. The earlier than normal start time is to accommodate our annual business meeting, which will be held at 1:00 p.m. at the shelter.

As usual, we will set 20 targets in the woods at varying distances from a single stake. Shoot from the stake or from any point you desire between the stake and the target, depending on your level of confidence in your shooting ability. The course will be adequately marked so it will be easy to find your way around. Better yet, shoot with someone who is familiar with our layouts and make a new friend. Shoot the course as many times as you’d like for one low price.

Shoot fees – Unchanged since who knows when?
Members - $5.00 per shooter
Family of three or more - $15.00
Non-members - $10.00
Family of three or more - $25.00
Kids under 12 years of age shoot free.
First time shooters at our club shoot free.

Lunch will be available for a $5 per person donation. It will consist of burgers and dogs, chips, and something to drink. Soft drinks and bottled water will be available for those who eat lunch with us.

NOTE: All attendees, whether they shoot or not, must register at the registration table upon arrival.

At the North Georgia Traditional Archery Club, we define traditional archery equipment to include longbows, recurve bows, and primitive bows.

Please, no compound bows, crossbows, or any equipment that does not fit our definition of traditional bows. Loaner bows and arrows are available for anyone who doesn’t have their own equipment.

North Georgia Traditional Archery Club
2295 Lee Land Road
Gainesville, GA 30507

dutchman

Thanks y’all! Had a great time despite the rain. Thanks for being such a welcoming group to my son and I

Glad you made it out to see us. Come back next month for the club championship shoot. That'll be our last shoot for 2022...

dutchman

Our day Saturday started out wet but the rain finally blew out around 11:00 a.m. and we were able to get everything done. Forty shooters showed up in spite of the weather for a good day.

My thanks go to those who show up early and/or stay late each month to help with set-up and take down/put away duties. I also thank the folks who came out and braved the weather. Y'all are why we do it.