Not as many as I wanted on the first night.

buckpasser

I love a first night coyote as well! Percentage wise it’s pretty slim for me though. I wish I had graphed it, but I’d guess it ramps up and peaks at around nights four through seven for me, then slowly comes down until it falls off sharply at around day twelve. I have caught them into the twenties if it’s dry and my trap is holding up well though.

Great job @canine933 !!!

Doug B.

I set one 330. MIGHT catch him. Water is way too shallow for a drowning set. Might set a snare or two tomorrow if I can work out where to set
Set it up on a cable that goes across the creek. Put a stop on the cable where the beaver can't go any farther than the middle of the creek. He should still be there in the morning! He will be alive but he will be right there.

I’ve got some great pinch points for a conibear, but snaring is new to me so it’ll be a lit OJT.
I'm with you there. I have a few snares and I have caught one in a snare. I try to set a few every year but somehow I just don't get it I guess. I know a lot of people love them and catch beavers left and right with them but they just don't produce for me. I know I am doing something wrong but I don't know what.

2dye4

Set it up on a cable that goes across the creek. Put a stop on the cable where the beaver can't go any farther than the middle of the creek. He should still be there in the morning! He will be alive but he will be right there.

I'm with you there. I have a few snares and I have caught one in a snare. I try to set a few every year but somehow I just don't get it I guess. I know a lot of people love them and catch beavers left and right with them but they just don't produce for me. I know I am doing something wrong but I don't know what.
Hopefully I can “catch” on and be able to post some pictures. I only have 1 snare and we’ll se how that goes.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Yep! I had coon dogs for years and haven’t seen a coon that was scared of nothing yet.
My best friend in high school had a big biscuit headed walker dog that HATED a raccoon. He would just walk up and grab it and clench down and close his eyes and just take whatever the Coon dished out till it died. Seen him do it many times. He had a great temperament and was a good dog but absolutely HATED a raccoon. Only one I saw like that. If he caught it on the ground it was over

Latest posts