Not fond of the " New Normal"

Bob2010

Posting this here because it is about my deer hunting property. I joke on this forum regularly. However this matter is not a joking one. The writing is on the wall. We could be in trouble. Here are the facts.

1. I want to build a house. The construction prices are unbelievable! We are in a holding pattern.
2. Lumber prices went through the roof! Yet the the price per ton or acre for our GA tree farmers did not increase very much.
3. The good hardwood or big pines for lumber are often found on 30 acre size tracts. These size cuts have become too small for timber companies to get a return on.
4. My company installs smaller carpentry project for homeowners. Even though the cost of lumber is slowly coming down. Contractors are not going to go down in price until the demand and workload is reduced.
5. The demand and workload will likely not slow too much. This is because there is a nationwide labor shortage. There are fewer people to keep up with all of the available work. Companies cannot produce like they did previously. Production is down.
6. These same problems exist with concrete, equipment parts, new equipment, and even finding new vehicles.
7. The shortage of CDL drivers to move freight. Drivers bounce to the next higher paying gig. Same with the remaining work force. They work only when they want too. They do not fear losing the job.
8. Price of fuel. Particularly the price of diesel. This is a big factor for logging crews.

Is it just me or is this a very volatile combination? Can we somehow fix the problem and not feel the impact in the future? Or is the damage done? Everyone sitting in a tree stand on private or leased land should be asking themselves this question. Deer hunting without available land to hunt on is more of a pipe dream than it is hunting. Making money while we can will only get us so far. We better retire before this catches up to us. If not you better plan on MANY more years of working to recover from it. This is true for tree farms, real estate firms, lumber mills, etc. It's true for every level of income. From the CEO and large land owners down to the hourly guys getting the work done. The wheel has to be able to keep turning. Our spokes and the wheel is bent. How do we fix it? Our current administration will not. What are your thoughts? Can we do anything besides vote and stop trying to just make more money right now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...hs/L2HEEWAUJFGRDCOIQM2ST2RSU4/?outputType=amp

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It's not only Slo Joe. He couldn't put together a 5 year old's jigsaw puzzle.
It's the democrats controlling him and all the way down-the-line to the democrat voters. They are responsible for this. Things were flangin down the highway before they came along.
Lower your expectations, they say...

skeletor-hyperinflation-supply-chain-disruption-lower-expectations-were-mine.jpg