Not paying for a brand name

sinclair1

Pay more for it and have the salesperson tell you how impressed others will be, and you are there. Still don't know anything more but others are impressed so it doesn't matter to you.
I paid $4 grand on the factory sticker, I guess for better speakers, but now you tell me it was wasted. Maybe I paid for the speakers and they just gave me the regular old receiver stamped burmester at the factory.:huh:

NOYDB

BANNED
So you are saying they all have the same resistance and conduct electricity the same, that would be the only way what you just stated would be a fact

No I know how they are designed and mfc.

If you are designing a unit you specify what components need to be included and what output comes from the component. If it's required to enit .5 volts then what the electricity passes thru silver, copper or aluminum is not going to affect the final output.

sinclair1

intelligence is over rated now that we have Google and no longer need to go to the library. It has been replaced by how hot your wife is, how much money you have, how healthy you are and how many days a year you get to hunt or fish.
Knowing stuff is yesterday's news, I can oook it up without even typing, just by asking Alexa

NOYDB

BANNED
Different analogy.

Two Hammers
1. iron. drives nails.
2. same hammer but with a Lowe's label. still made of iron, still drives nails.

The label doesn't matter.

NOYDB

BANNED
Once again I will put 2k on the table. You bring a 1940 ford with the speakers of your choosing and I will drive the new grocery getter bone stock

No you won't put 2k on the table. You will spend it on a watch. And still won't be able to tell a hawk from a handsaw.

Big7

The Oracle
That's funny. Most popular music has been played with intentional distortion for many decades. Pedals for the instruments and mixed in distortion by the sound engineers for everything else.

Don't forget the 15 inch woofer (singular) in the trunk of the car which also sports spinning wheels.

The distortion you hear on the road sounds like a gazoo it vibrates so bad. But da' gotz have sound to play that gangsta' rap on.

sinclair1

No you won't put 2k on the table. You will spend it on a watch. And still won't be able to tell a hawk from a handsaw.
Yep, I am stupid. It took me thirteen years to get out of school. You want to discuss where we started and where we endedup. That's what I call intelligence. Out punting your IQ is the new smart.
Yeah I have read two books in my life. Dumb as a bag of hammers. Dumb enough to have a collection of watches.

You like IQ, I like money. Both are useless in the grand scheme, so although I know money is useless, you seem to think your self purposes unproven smarts is of any value. You certainly haven't done anything with it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yep, I am stupid. It took me thirteen years to get out of school. You want to discuss where we started and where we endedup. That's what I call intelligence. Out punting your IQ is the new smart.
Yeah I have read two books in my life. Dumb as a bag of hammers. Dumb enough to have a collection of watches.

You like IQ, I like money. Both are useless in the grand scheme, so although I know money is useless, you seem to think your self purposes unproven smarts is of any value. You certainly haven't done anything with it.

To be honest, I figure you`re right smart, especially in business sense and walking around sense.

NOYDB

BANNED
You certainly haven't done anything with it.
Yeah, I know being a programer and a System Analyst is not doing anything. Being trained to drive an 18 wheeler is such a failure. But I don't buy 2k watches or brag about driving over priced chevys either .

sinclair1

Yeah, I know being a programer and a System Analyst is not doing anything. Being trained to drive an 18 wheeler is such a failure. But I don't buy 2k watches or brag about driving over priced chevys either .
Those are great professions for an average feller of average intelligence. A guy as smart as Einstein should be getting millions just to speak at Yale.

I just hire smart guys to do smart things and wear over priced watches and Play golf. Smart is not even important. It's all about who can risk the most without buckling

Wycliff

As I stated earlier it went right over your head, I’m positive of that. I’m not designing radios and neither are you. I’m buying kenwood, alpine, Bose, or pioneer and your buying boss and the components in a high end radio are better. And they are tested in different ways so the sound quality will be different. But I guess I’m just a dumb old country boy that hasn’t ever driven a Semii for a living

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I'm more interested in the purpose of this thread.

Reactions: Dub

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

200w.webp