Nov 17 Double

Jake Allen

This was an intense hunt the morning of November 17.

2 tough shots; the doe at 6 steps from 20' in the tree, arrow slipped thru a hole in a Bayberry bush, the buck shot while he was walking broadside at 29 long steps.

The shots happened 25 minutes apart. I was sitting on a hot scrape at the edge of a thick swamp in Schley County.

Sometimes everything falls into place. The buck fell within sight and the doe went about 350 yards.

I slid down the tree, took care of the buck, then went back to camp, ate a sandwich, got Ruby the Blue Heeler, took her to the area and put her on the doe’s trail, She took me right to the deer,

My good buddy and great American Barry Duggan helped me navigate the wheeler into the woods to the deer, load both deer on the wheeler, then out of the woods and we slid them into the back of his truck.

Barry said navigating the wheeler thru that pine thicket was like playing chess; you have to plan 3 moves ahead.

Back at camp, Donnie, Barry and Chris cleaned the doe, and I skinned, and took apart the buck. Good times with good friends.

A double kill with the Recurve has been on my list for years and I am proud of both of these animals. It was a wonderful day.

I was shooting 500 spine carbon Blem shafts, with a 200 grain STOS broadhead. Good penetration on both shots. The angle on the doe was almost straight down, and I managed to double lung
with the exit hole just behind the left shoulder, and low.

Man, I love hunting with a Barebow, it makes the experience such a beautiful thing when it all comes together.

Life is Good!
FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpgFullSizeRender3.jpgIMG_9163.JPGIMG_9172.JPGFullSizeRender4.jpg

Last edited: