Nuther Cohutta Bear down

strothershwacker

Screenshot_20181012-213745.pnggot it done today. My 1st bear. Saw a sow with 3 cubs. An hour later this boar presented a shot. I been after em real hard with a bow but the cooler temps and rifle made for a lil easier hunt. After my buddy kilt a 200# hog yesterday morning that we drug out whole we decided packin this guy out was the only way to go. We've had an amazing 2 days in the mountains. His 1st hog. My 1st bear. We've been deer & turkey hunting together for 25 years but this has been 1 of our most memorable hunts. After hearing the shot, forum member Deadend came outta nowhere to lend a hand. Super nice guy. Offered his meat bags, gloves, and even help toting. If anyone has a name & # of someone that tans bear hides please let me know!

whitetailfreak

Good job bud, congrats on your first. Go get you another. You're right, Deadend is a good feller.

gtmcwhorter

Awesome hunt! Check with Mitchell Cann on the hide (706) 424-0900
Wildlife Addictions Taxidermy

Killer Kyle

Thats a dang dandy of a bear! Way to get it done man!! After the hog and bear, I'll bet you're feeling the pain today!
Thats crazy that you ran into Deadend in the woods. He's been known to sling some lead over that way. Ain't heard from him in forever! Did you ask him where the heck he has been?!?!
Again, congrats in a fine bear. You did good boy!!!

strothershwacker

Thats a dang dandy of a bear! Way to get it done man!! After the hog and bear, I'll bet you're feeling the pain today!
Thats crazy that you ran into Deadend in the woods. He's been known to sling some lead over that way. Ain't heard from him in forever! Did you ask him where the heck he has been?!?!
Again, congrats in a fine bear. You did good boy!!!
Thanks Killer. I'm sure nuff feeling it. I don't know which is the greater accomplishment gitn' em, or gitn' em out! I imagine we'll hear from Deadend soon.

Rabun

Congratulations...again! Couldn't have scripted a better hunt with your buddy! Great looking bear and a picture you'll both cherish forever

Buckman18

Awesome bear, congratulations!

deadend

Was good to meet you fellas! Still trying to figure out what goes with those tags on your bear. Did the biologist have any insight?

Christian hughey

Congrats on a memorable hunt. I took my hide to trophy taker taxidermy in cornelia. Chris carter is his name seemed like a good dude.
Yes they are good honest people. Casteel in bolingbroke does awesome work on deer and ducks as well these are guys that are well known and go way back in our community.

strothershwacker

Was good to meet you fellas! Still trying to figure out what goes with those tags on your bear. Did the biologist have any insight?
Yes he ran the number on the tag, contacted TWRA.
The TWRA tagged it in Blount County TN and moved to Polk county (Cherokee WMA) after causing trouble back in August. Biologist said it was fine.(y) The tag go's in because of the anistesia which clears out in a matter of hours but for caution they want 30 days to pass. I ate bear for breakfast :)Did you ever get on one in there?