NWTF - Grand National Call Makers

gregg

I had never sent a trumpet(or any call) to the NWTF Grand National Call Maker competition, but this year I did and was very fortunate to have one place 3rd. I was very excited (and surprised) and wanted to share it here. This trumpet was Cocobolo with a Delrin mouthpiece. I am already working on improving my work for next years event.......Thanks for listening and allowing me to share my excitement here.......Greg Gwaltney.

vjVtLW6.png

Gaswamp

congrats

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Congratulations. Well done. I need to add one of your calls to my collection of calls

gregg

Congratulations. Well done. I need to add one of your calls to my collection of calls
Thanks man, if you ever decide that one of mine is right for you I would love to build it. I actually just walked out of the shop, finished up a new model with a hollowed out bell. Lots of guys were asking me if I would do the hollowed bell style as they prefer to play them, I have everything finalized and they run/sound great to me. Everything changes relative to playability and sound when you start hollowing out the bell, so they are slightly different in length with new internals. Still sound like a turkey, but offer a wider range of sounds with the potential for greater "character" of tone in my opinion. Fun stuff for me.