Ochlocknee River

fish hawk

Bass Master
I'll be down in Thomasville over the Thanksgiving holiday.I'm gonna hit the river on Friday with the yak if anyone wants to meet up and fish.I know they have had quite a bit of rain down there but looking at the river gauge the river is on it's way down,not really sure how muddy it will be but I'm gonna give it a go anyways cause it sure beats sitting around with the inlaws watching the dog shows........Gonna fish for largemouth and hope to catch a suwanee bass or two.

diamondback

Where are you planning on putting in? I might get with you one afternoon after hunting the a.m. River looks good right now. A little high but not muddy just stained a little looked like from the bridge.typically I like the guage to be under 6 feet to be safe.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I was planning on putting in at the ramp off 315,if you have any better suggestions I'm all ears though.I'll send you a private message with my cell phone # and maybe it will work out so we can fish.

Randy

I may be down that way Friday but thinking about Hickory Mounds.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wish I could be there I grew up on the Ochlocknee.

Artfuldodger

For some reason I didn't know or forgot the Ochlockonee River started in Worth County. From there it works it way past Doerun and Thomasville.
I lived in Albany for five years and we went to the Ochlockonee River State Park near Panacea.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Had a great time on the river today.thanks for the trip diamondback.

fish hawk

Bass Master
So I did manage to catch a Suwanee bass.That puts me at a total of 5 different bass species caught in Ga. this year.......Coosa,largemouth,shoalie,spot and Suwanee.Now I need that Ga. smallmouth before the end of the year:)

Attachments

• DSCN9257.JPG
    DSCN9257.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCN9259.JPG
    DSCN9259.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 490

diamondback

I enjoyed it. Nice meeting someone that enjoys kayak bassin as much as me and knows how to put fish in the boat.come back when the big girls are biting :biggrin3:

fish hawk

Bass Master
I hooked in to a monster of a mudfish and had him by the boat but he came off.I've caught some in the past that were around 10lbs and this one was a lot bigger.

So I did manage to catch a Suwanee bass.That puts me at a total of 5 different bass species caught in Ga. this year.......Coosa,largemouth,shoalie,spot and Suwanee.Now I need that Ga. smallmouth before the end of the year:)
I know your post is pretty old but I’m wanting to get a Suwanee Bass for my last species for the bass slam and wanted to see if you could give me any tips on how to fish em this time of year and / or where to put in and get out? Thanks in advance

fish hawk

Bass Master
I know your post is pretty old but I’m wanting to get a Suwanee Bass for my last species for the bass slam and wanted to see if you could give me any tips on how to fish em this time of year and / or where to put in and get out? Thanks in advance
I sent you a message

SouthGa Fisher

Does anyone know if it's fishable right now? Not sure if the hurricane knocked down too many trees to paddle up and fish back down. I'll be headed down after work for Thanksgiving and am planning to try to catch a Suwanee myself this weekend.