Off the rails????

Thread starter #1
So I have been thinking a lot lately about some things. So first I will give you background. I was born and raised in church, I am pretty knowledgeable about scripture, and currently attend church. I consider myself a christian, and attempt every day to live my faith.

So here are the thoughts. Has anyone ever considered the idea that God could possibly be what we now consider aliens. Hang with me lol. In the Bible talking about how a burning light guided them by night (UFO with lights to them would resemble fire, and a cloud by day, which a floating gray UFO might look like a rain cloud to them). Also the way it talks about Jesus ascending to heaven (think like a tractor beam from Star Trek). So this is where I tie this in, ancient civilizations all over the world have referenced types of space men (watch the show ancient aliens to see some of what I mean). So even today there are flying objects we cannot humanly explain, and other weird occurrences we cannot explain, BUT what if this is God, but we don’t realize it??????? I know that is a little on the crazy conspiracy side, and I know I over think things.

gordon 2

About burning lights... I think it this way. The earth is a piece of sand spinning forward very quickly in a galaxy who is also spinning forward very quickly. Now add all the numberless galaxies and humans are bound to see burning lights by night and day in some cases. It is like the earth is a speck of sand ( a small rock) in a hundred mile long and half mile wide sand beach. Only the beach is being churned by a storm surge.... ( By the way most shooting stars and fiery sights in the sky ( explosions and the like) are seen in the early am here, when North America is the spear's pointed end or the forward part of the iron ball ( the tip) as we speed along and forward in our Galaxy...) metting up with debris and dust and more...

Last edited:

gordon 2

I don't know where you get that today some "flying objects cannot be explained"... I've researched many and usually the laws of physics explain them-- if the sightings were in fact true --as sometimes they are not.

Last edited:

gordon 2

The stars and planets have been used as guides for thousands of yrs.

gordon 2

The accounts of the ascension are nebulous at best. Jesus is lost to sight in a cloud, but then seen rising into heaven (Acts) .... or Luke simply says he went up to heaven. In Acts they loose sight of Jesus in the clould, but see him rising into heaven? It is a bit nebulous.

The accounts of the ascension are nebulous at best. Jesus is lost to sight in a cloud, but then seen rising into heaven (Acts) .... or Luke simply says he went up to heaven. In Acts they loose sight of Jesus in the clould, but see him rising into heaven? It is a bit nebulous.
Nebulous. good choice of words.

I think of God as the Great Architect. He is the Greatest Scientist.
There is know way that one can seriously look at science and say it's just man's way of explaining God.
No way.

So maybe God works within the confines of what he created and what his Creation uses within His restraints.

It appears "off the rails" but within the defines of how God operates, maybe not.

When I first read this I thought, wow, but now, I don't really know. God's mysteries are revealed within each generation as he deems necessary.

Last edited:
Thread starter #8
Gordon 2 I am referring to sightings like the Air Force released videos of unidentified flying objects out running jets, like completely pulling out of sight. And the highly decorated retired Navy pilot who released an interview talking about his encounters.

gordon 2

Gordon 2 I am referring to sightings like the Air Force released videos of unidentified flying objects out running jets, like completely pulling out of sight. And the highly decorated retired Navy pilot who released an interview talking about his encounters.
But if I recall these occurrences have had some scientific accounts advanced. From Military stock in trade to meteorites, electromagnetics etc: Example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...nt-aliens-what-was-it/?utm_term=.d39f6f91b733

And light is not always usual as is explained in this item: https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0477(1976)057<1220:LEPAWN>2.0.CO;2

Last edited:
So I have been thinking a lot lately about some things. So first I will give you background. I was born and raised in church, I am pretty knowledgeable about scripture, and currently attend church. I consider myself a christian, and attempt every day to live my faith.

So here are the thoughts. Has anyone ever considered the idea that God could possibly be what we now consider aliens. Hang with me lol. In the Bible talking about how a burning light guided them by night (UFO with lights to them would resemble fire, and a cloud by day, which a floating gray UFO might look like a rain cloud to them). Also the way it talks about Jesus ascending to heaven (think like a tractor beam from Star Trek). So this is where I tie this in, ancient civilizations all over the world have referenced types of space men (watch the show ancient aliens to see some of what I mean). So even today there are flying objects we cannot humanly explain, and other weird occurrences we cannot explain, BUT what if this is God, but we don’t realize it??????? I know that is a little on the crazy conspiracy side, and I know I over think things.

Off the rails? Brother, that's putting it mildly. Do you realize this refutes pretty much every major Christian doctrine in one way or another.
I've got to ask, Have you ever read the Bible, or even the New Testament? 'Could God be an alien?' Well Genesis 1 makes it very clear that God exists OUTSIDE of creation. This sets Christianity apart from paganism in that pagan gods exists INSIDE of creation, which is what you are stating. So, in short, you are positing paganism, not traditional monotheism, and certainly not Christianity.

Thread starter #11
So SemperFi you are stating you can not see God? And if you could, who would know what he would look like? We are created in his image, but I have seen MANY different shades of color, sizes of humans, and characteristics. Angels have appeared to many people in the Bible, so in my human mind angels didn't die off. My question was what if they just were different from everyone's cookie cutter thinking. I also read the Bible all the time sir, was also very profficient in Bible quiz (a competion of Bible memorization, where you compete against other churchs around the state of Georgia.) I fight my battles with my faith, as every man does. I appreciate your feedback, and issue none of the above as an attack. I will admit one of my main battles as a Christian is that I have an open mind. By that I mean I like to consinder all approaches to my pursuit of Jesus. The Bible leaves a lot of questions unanswered, and as humans we are flawed, I do not believe one single religion has everything right .

Thread starter #12
Also SemperFi in Leviticus 16:2 God said he would appear in the Holy of Holies. So technically he is coming in a form to our existance.

I have to agree with SemperFi in that God existed before aliens were created. I don't deny their creation or that they too were made in God's image. They could be the other flock or perhaps angles.

God could come in the form of an alien or human and he could send angels to appear in the form of an alien or human.

I'm not sure but quite possible God used aliens, to guide but God himself isn't an alien. Aliens could be our way of describing angels.

Elijah saw chariots of fire, and horses of fire . Any thoughts on what a chariot of fire is?

Last edited:
So SemperFi you are stating you can not see God? And if you could, who would know what he would look like? We are created in his image, but I have seen MANY different shades of color, sizes of humans, and characteristics. Angels have appeared to many people in the Bible, so in my human mind angels didn't die off. My question was what if they just were different from everyone's cookie cutter thinking. I also read the Bible all the time sir, was also very profficient in Bible quiz (a competion of Bible memorization, where you compete against other churchs around the state of Georgia.) I fight my battles with my faith, as every man does. I appreciate your feedback, and issue none of the above as an attack. I will admit one of my main battles as a Christian is that I have an open mind. By that I mean I like to consinder all approaches to my pursuit of Jesus. The Bible leaves a lot of questions unanswered, and as humans we are flawed, I do not believe one single religion has everything right .
Listen Brother. Your question was this:

Has anyone ever considered the idea that God could possibly be what we now consider aliens?

You placed it in context with your closing statement.

I know that is a little on the crazy conspiracy side, and I know I over think things.
so please don't get offended. No offense was meant in my reply.

As to your above reply. God is spirit. The Bible is clear on this. He is eternal and exists outside of creation. The Bible is clear on this. That "we are made in his image largely, but not completely, refers to our spirit and our ability to think, will and act. It most certainly does not refer to our physical bodies, because God doesn't have a physical body.

As to the statement:

I do not believe one single religion has everything right .
I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that. If you meant denomination, instead of religion, I would tend to agree. If you truly meant "religion" then you are confused about religion in general. Christianity along with every other religion makes exclusive truth claims that by nature, exclude other religions. In other words you can't be a Christian and hold pagan beliefs, or Buddhist beliefs, or Hindu beliefs, etc. and vice versa.

I have to agree with SemperFi in that God existed before aliens were created. I don't deny their creation or that they too were made in God's image. They could be the other flock or perhaps angles.

God could come in the form of an alien or human and he could send angels to appear in the form of an alien or human.

I'm not sure but quite possible God used aliens, to guide but God himself isn't an alien. Aliens could be our way of describing angels.

Elijah saw chariots of fire, and horses of fire . Any thoughts on what a chariot of fire is?
I don't know if aliens exists. I highly doubt it for a myriad of reasons. The Bible is silent on it so speculation on it is silly in my opinion.

Also SemperFi in Leviticus 16:2 God said he would appear in the Holy of Holies. So technically he is coming in a form to our existance.
It does, but if you remember, God appears in the Bible in two forms (the Incarnation aside) to the best of my knowledge: either as a Light or as a Christophany. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thread starter #17
No insult taken. I am only trying to reckon with my thoughts in a biblical way. I guess a good way to put my question in context would be, if aliens are living, how does that interact with God and the Bible????? Instead of asking if God could be an alien, I guess I meant could aliens be angels. I don’t fully know if aliens exist, but spun my christian faith into a huge question I could not answer, by thinking about what it would mean if all of a sudden we had undeniable proof of aliens. I completely appreciate all responses, and am not trying to be difficult, more over I am seeking knowledge from smarter people than I!!!!

Madman

By moving the "god" needle to "alien" you are just pushing the question farther out. Even if aliens "seeded" earth they needed a creator, an unmoved mover. Even an almost infinite number of rail cars needs a locomotive to make it go.

Israel

No insult taken. I am only trying to reckon with my thoughts in a biblical way. I guess a good way to put my question in context would be, if aliens are living, how does that interact with God and the Bible????? Instead of asking if God could be an alien, I guess I meant could aliens be angels. I don’t fully know if aliens exist, but spun my christian faith into a huge question I could not answer, by thinking about what it would mean if all of a sudden we had undeniable proof of aliens. I completely appreciate all responses, and am not trying to be difficult, more over I am seeking knowledge from smarter people than I!!!!

There are remaining a gazillion and one other speculations that could be explored...if you want/need to go down that rabbit hole.

If a thing can be reduced to one salient point for simplicity, (and who doesn't come to love simplicity?) might the question be better examined in this light...

how do I interact with God and the Bible?????
I can assure you, and will, though there may be many things that seem fascinating to consider, all others will pale and fail miserably in the light of God's relationship with a child born of His spirit.

Last edited: