Off to Steinhatchee.....

Parker Phoenix

On my way down to Steinhatchee to do a little work on my boat and hopefully get a day of fishing in. Gonna try for some grouper, and some black sea bass. Looks like the seas will be kind this weekend. I'll fill ya'll in when I get back.

Nugefan

sounds like fun , be safe , catch a mess and post up some pix fer us .....

THREEJAYS

Good luck, we used to go in the 70s all the time was a lot of fun.

larpyn

catch 'em up :cheers:

Parker Phoenix

Just got back. A lot of grouper was caught, I mean some BIG grouper. I saw of the biggest red grouper that I have ever seen come to the dock.

We worked on the boat Friday, checked the wiring, and gave it her annual check up, all was good.

Saturday we decided to target Black Sea Bass (We have a freezer full of grouper) We caught 45 pounds of those rascals and have 5 bags of boneless fillets. We went 12 miles out from #1 and hit some hard bottom and had a blast. The seas were like your local farm pond and was able to run full throttle.

It was a good weekend. We will go back in 2 weeks to get some more BSB's and see if any of the sheephead are in yet. The full moon in March will be the focal point of the sheephead.

There was even a 37 pounf Kingfish caught. Most of the grouper was caught on the troll in 50 to 60 foot of water. Many caught their limit.

larpyn

good deal. i love to eat bsb. good catch :cheers:
sounds like i should have ignored the 3-5' forecast:banginghe
i didn't check the f'cast after thurs. sounds like it layed down nicely.

Parker Phoenix

Man it was awesome. This week looks lousy up to Friday. It will be a couple of weeks before I get down again. I'll load up on a few more seabass.

Nugefan

Woooo Hooooo ..

sounds like ya had a blast .....

post us up some pix .....

bukhuntr

Going down March 27-30. We nailed the Sheeps good last March. Hope to get on em again. We have been going down for quite a few years now and that was the first time we went out to the reef to givem a try. I'm hooked.