Official recommend a taxidermist thread

tbrown913

Ray Knight
Alcovy Taxidermy
www.AlcovyTaxidermy.com
Ray does it all including the Camo Dipping Skull Mounts! Check out his website for Photos of his work and pricing!

I will second this. I have had him do 2 European mounts for me, and one for my nephews first buck he killed with me. They are beautiful evenly white, the antlers are not "bleached", and the pedestal mount can be configured for wall or desk. Very reasonable price, and pretty quick turnaround.

GrantC77

Fortners Taxidermy. Chris has become the pedestal mount grand master. Attention to detail is off the charts. You get what you pay for.

adebord30183

McMickens in Cartersville Ga is my go to for anything. 11 deer, a yote fox 4 squirrels and pheasant. Darrel and team have done more for me in preserving my memories in the mounts than I could ever ask for. Turn around is usually around 6 months and the quality is second to none in my opinion.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
RB’s taxidermy in Manchester or chattahoochee taxidermy (doug Stephens) in Franklin/heard county is who I use

crasm1

Hinman"s taxidermy and deer processing in Weston Georgia. They make the world famous Smoked Jalepeno and Cheddar sausage. Mounts are hands down top notch. World Class whitetails are sent there every year from all over the US. His Bird work is amazing too.

Wifeshusband

Bill Jordon's taxi man out of Fortson, Georgia. Can't remember his name but you could probably google taxidermist in Harris County, Georgia and find him. Out of five mounts from five different taxi men, his was unquestionably the best.

EyesUp83

I've got a fresh bear hide in the freezer. Does anybody have good experiences with sending a hide off to be tanned, if so where? Or do you have your taxidermist send it off for you? It's my first bear so I want a good job done on it.