oh well...

capt stan

3 ft @ 4 sec 15 knots,,, guess I'm not so sick and will go to work. I bet when the tide changes it'll lay down real nice bout noon or a little earlier.....:mad:

Capt. Richie Lott

We're sitting home like dummies, too with 90 pound cobia at the tower.... GEEZ!!!! We shoulda went!

capt stan

We're sitting home like dummies, too with 90 pound cobia at the tower.... GEEZ!!!! We shoulda went!

Yep but when I take a work day off I got some money in the trip before I even get to the boat:banginghe So I wanna make sure I'm not getting the snot knocked outa me on the way out.

Back in the days I never would have thought twice about that run in my lil 19 fter.... Heck ,I even have a bit more boat today......I guess i'm getting a little older.:rofl:

Had it been a weekend or a holiday I would have run for sure...:D

Robert 31320

Back in the days I never would have thought twice about that run in my lil 19 fter.... Heck ,I even have a bit more boat today......I guess i'm getting a little older.:rofl:

I had a conversation with someone like this last week. I bought a bigger boat and started analyzing the weather like crazy, studying tide charts, planning, planning,.........and then allow one variable to keep me home. I've given up on that now and will go anytime I can........rain, shine, spring tide, whatever!

Nautical Son

yeah well check the buoys right now....no way they got 2ft or less....I had 2ft chop in the sound an hour ago..nearshore the wind was from the southwest, out at the sound it was from the southeast at 10-15

HOBO

Capt Stan

I couldn't believe it when you called this morning that you weren't out catching cobia!!! I figured for sure that you would be out there wearing them out!!!

St Andrews sound was slick as glass this morning around 07:00 AM.... The beach was also slick and all I needed was the power-pole to anchor with... The wind was just enough from the west for the Island to create a sheltered lee.......

The fish on the beach really cooperated also.... We kept a limit of nice trout and released several more..... We actually released 6-7 short trout which I was very glad to see!!! These are the first "short" fish fish we have caught so far this year.... I was somewhat afraid the the cold winter wiped all the smaller, more vulnerable fish out....

We left the beach (Cumberland) around 10:30 AM and headed up the outside of Jekyll to the triple-tail grounds up toward the north end.... There was only a 6" to one foot chop up to 4 miles off of Jekyll...... All we saw were small fish and decided to call it a day.... We were back on the trailer before noon.....

---------<" ){{{{*><

capt stan

Ken, Again thanks for the help with the Garmin issue I had!!! greatly appericated!