Ok, I got busy today and didn't get my 2 cents in.

Skipper

Banned
It's end of the year, and you self employed folks know what that means. Last chance to buy some stuff before you give the cash to the givernment in April. This year I bought myself a laptop and a new GPS to replace the New GPS I bought in Feb. of this year. Why the replacement? Well, the other one went swimming in 280 feet of water along with me and everything else that wasn't nailed down in my Ranger. Garmin GPS units are supposed to be water proof. I guess in their dictionary that means they float but do not necessarily work after the swim. I actually got the thing back when the guys fished out the floating stuff, but no luck on getting it operational again.

Anyhow, I wanted one I could use in my truck and on my boat as well so I got a 276c Garmin and the automobile accessory kit complete with a city map cd and a speaker. When they included that speaker they should have named it the nagging wife replacement kit. You guys know how it is, you're going somewhere or other and you know where you are going so you don't ask directions or consult maps. Well, in my business I confess, I like a good map. When they went to 911 some of these small roads became bears to find. They named them after some old guy who lives on the road and unless you know where Billy Bob lives you have no idea where Billy Bob Lane is.

On it's "test run" yesterday, I had a place to look at on a road I had never heard of, so I went to the find function and located the road and then clicked on the plot route thing. Well, this woman's voice came over that speaker. I'd been wondering what the speaker was for up until then. Turns out, she tells you which road to take, where to turn etc. The funny part is when you decide to take the scenic route with her. ::ke: She don't like that at all. Orders you to make U-Turns immediately, says "Off Course" translated means we are lost, stop and ask someone. :(

I've had a handheld one for several years and if you do a lot of traveling around to places you don't go often they are handy as a shirt pocket. I've just never had one that nagged so much. :D

Skipper

Toliver

Self employed? I like to think so. As often as I hear "I'm a taxpayer, I pay your salary!!" I've decided that I am in fact self employed. Afterall, I pay an awful lot of taxes each year, too. :bounce: :flag:

BTW, you should return that one and get one with a male's voice. HE won't nag you about being lost!!!