Ol Captain Returns!

olcaptain

It has been quite a while since I've posted a Carpin' tale on this forum. I thought I'd share our lastest tale about our current DRCFA Carp King!

Solunar Tables or “Hoops, there it is?”

Many outdoorsmen depend on Solunar Tables for their success. They watch the news and depend on folks like Glenn Burns to tell them when the fish are going to bite or at what time the deer will be on the move. It was brought to my attention today that those things might work but how do we know the deer and/or fish are watching the same TV channel? Now I’m sure that Mr. Burns knows his stuff but the Ol’ Captain has found quite another tried and so far, proven method of success. Some may call it Phone Home or “Hoops, there it is”!

We haven’t caught a fish in several weeks on the Hooch. The conditions just haven’t been right. Am I talking about the phase of the moon? Perhaps the water clarity or level has been out of kilter? Is the PH a PHacter? I thought you’d never ask…………………………

I was joined on the Hooch bank this afternoon by none other than (from left to right) Greg “River Rat” Richardson and Pete “Cornbread” Ellis…………….

Feb2006002.jpg

We all three knew in our hearts that a single fish would make one of us Mr. February. We also knew that if said fish exceeded 5 lbs, 5 ozs that we would have a new DRCFA Carp King. We waited for at least two hours and then it happened!

1) The Carp Hotline rang! It was brother Dan LaFavor from Jacksonville Fla on the line. On more than one occasion we have had a Pull-Down after his calls.

2) A Basketball floated down the Hooch! Almost without fail, when we see that “Sign” it’s time to get focused and ready.

After experiencing both #1 and #2 I knew something was about to happen! Did Cornbread have a reason to Pone home? Did Greg Rat out the Bull?

BullTrophy003-1.jpg

Did the Ol’ Captain Capture the trophy? Of course you had to ask!

In the waning moments of this Friday afternoon of fun Greg “River Rat” Richardson not only caught the first fins of February but he became our new DRCFA Carp King of the Year! Here he is with his 7 lb, 1 oz Bull bumping bullion block! Long live the King! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

7pounds1oz.jpg

Until next time,

The Ol' Captain

" Be Ye Fishers of men. You catch 'em and He will clean 'em"