Ol' Foot-long.

Killer Kyle

DHD....just got news that you'll be up again this weekend. I'll be tied up helping my sister move, and only fishing just before dark. This makes like the 5th time I have missed you! This has got to end! We really need to fish together in the very near future!

Buckman18

Couple of thoughts:

1.For those not familiar with southern Appalachian brook trout, aka specks, this is a Speckasaraus!

2. I wish my nickname was ‘footlong.’

The mtn man

Kyle, i fished for specs all my life, my biggest was 11.5 inches. It's not too late to save that memory, send that pic to cabelas with the measurements, they can get real close to the original with a replica, I doubt you would notice a difference. Replicas are cheaper and better anyway. I doubt you will top that.

Killer Kyle

Couple of thoughts:

1.For those not familiar with southern Appalachian brook trout, aka specks, this is a Speckasaraus!

2. I wish my nickname was ‘footlong.’
Buckman, that is forever how I will refer to this fish. Speckasaraus.
As for your name, I've heard otherwise about you around Dawsonville! :LOL:::ke:
I'm sure you already caught it, but I named this speck after the bear we found last fall in that sorghum field.

ddd-shooter

Kyle, i fished for specs all my life, my biggest was 11.5 inches. It's not too late to save that memory, send that pic to cabelas with the measurements, they can get real close to the original with a replica, I doubt you would notice a difference. Replicas are cheaper and better anyway. I doubt you will top that.
X100000000000000000000000000!
Do it. I dont mount much either, but there are a few I wish I would have done and now the money I let hold me back from doing it seems so meaningless.

Killer Kyle

Thanks guys! Although I had plenty of pictures, I did not decide to go the Cabela's route. They're only 1/2" thick 1/2 fish reproductions and don't look realistic at all. I did look into some fiberglass reproductions, nd some of them really are crazy lifelike, but the average cost for a 12" brook trout was $300.00, and about $400.00 if mounted in a base or pedestal.
I ate the fish unceremoniously. Pictures are all that remains! My birthday is coming up, and I always end up getting cash from family and extended relatives. Maybe I'll go the reproduction route soon.