Ol' Hawk loaded and ready to go!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Just got my Traditions Woodsman, "Ol Hawk", loaded and ready to hunt. The possibles bag is packed with a couple reloads and spare caps, among other stuff.

My recipe is 90gr of 2f, and a Hornady GP385.

I am hoping to get a decent chance at a Public Deer before this durn hurricane shows up next week.

It's lookin' like Wednesday might be my best shot at it. The good news is, I have a half a dozen spots within 15 minutes of my recliner! I can go for a short window of opportunity, and run for cover if need be... ?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Just got my Traditions Woodsman, "Ol Hawk", loaded and ready to hunt. The possibles bag is packed with a couple reloads and spare caps, among other stuff.

I am hoping to get a decent chance at a Public Deer before this durn hurricane shows up next week.

It's lookin' like Wednesday might be my best shot at it. The good news is, I have a half a dozen spots within 15 minutes of my recliner! I can go for a short window of opportunity, and run for cover if need be... ?
Will a muzzle loader kill a deer?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I finally went in Pets are us the other day. I was looking for a dog bed, Buffalo horns, and pieces of elk antler. The dog beds were from $40- $100 dollars, the horns weren’t suitable, and they had solid gold prices on little odd pieces of antler scraps. There was one piece about ten inches long and an inch or so through, it would have made a decent handle for a big knife. The price was $30,I briskly departed that store.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I finally went in Pets are us the other day. I was looking for a dog bed, Buffalo horns, and pieces of elk antler. The dog beds were from $40- $100 dollars, the horns weren’t suitable, and they had solid gold prices on little odd pieces of antler scraps. There was one piece about ten inches long and an inch or so through, it would have made a decent handle for a big knife. The price was $30,I briskly departed that store.

What do you need, and are looking for in a deer antler? Or elk, caribou, moose, or fallow deer?

I just might can help you out. And you will very much like my price.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
What do you need, and are looking for in a deer antler? Or elk, caribou, moose, or fallow deer?

I just might can help you out. And you will very much like my price.
There’s nothing I especially need. I’m enjoying my shop and making stuff up that pertains to muzzle loading plunder. I’ve got enough powder horns and such for several outfits, but I’ve got to the point I like messing with them. I want in the next year or so to find some really nice milk cow horns. They are getting very hard to find. I’ve got a gas fired top hat forge that I’ve never used, that needs some playing with too.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got a few new pieces of whitetail antlers. Not knife handle quality

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Let me get over these shoulder surgeries and I’ll ease down your way play with the forge with you.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I’ve got a few new pieces of whitetail antlers. Not knife handle quality
Let me get over these shoulder surgeries and I’ll ease down your way play with the forge with you.
You’re welcome any time, we’ll teach each other things on the forge. I’ve got a few long prongs that will be good for small knives/ patch knives. Maybe one of those deer with antlers will blunder in front of us when we’re flinted up. Meat and handles.

White Horse

I have found some pretty good pieces of elk antler from that source in the past, but like you say they have become way too proud of it lately.

White Horse

Don’t know of a source for raw horns do you?

Moscow Hide and Fur in Moscow, Idaho has various antlers and horns besides every fur you can think of. I expect they will be very pricey just like everywhere else.

White Horse

I went to their website, I’ve got it book marked. They’ll probably get some business. The variety of stock is better than I’ve seen. Thanks again

You are very welcome. Moscow Hide and Fur has really nice pelts. Even the ones they downgrade a little are super nice. They sold me a giant of a buffalo horn, and a big piece of elk antler which I am working on, making a quirt based on one Chief Joseph is holding in an old photo. They can be pricey, but are good to do business with and top quality.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
You are very welcome. Moscow Hide and Fur has really nice pelts. Even the ones they downgrade a little are super nice. They sold me a giant of a buffalo horn, and a big piece of elk antler which I am working on, making a quirt based on one Chief Joseph is holding in an old photo. They can be pricey, but are good to do business with and top quality.
I’ll try to find some pictures of Rocky Moutain fur trade horns and attempt to make a facsimile of one.

Wanderlust

Good luck.
Think I'll give it a try Wednesday and maybe Thursday morning weather permitting.

GregoryB.

I need to dig my muzzle loading stuff out after our recent move. Have a general idea of where it is. Found some caps locally the other day for $12 for a tin. Got some old 270gr Buffalo Bullets I want to try again.