Old college roommate needs prayers

RCCola

My old college roommate needs your prayers. Dave is scheduled to have surgery Tuesday, October 4th in Bristol, VA/TN for a malignant tumor to be removed from his esophagus.

We were only roommates for one semester, but have stayed in touch the last 20 years since graduating.

RC

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
May God bless and heal him to full recovery.

H

HT2

Rc.....

We'll be thinkin' of him.....

Hopefully things will work out for the best..... ::; ::;

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Prayers Added RC...

Let us know how the surgery goes when you get the chance...

Woody's Janitor

Prayers are Sent

I hope Dave gets through this God's helping hand.

RCCola

Update

I received an e-mail tonight from my friend Dave giving an update. The malignant tumor in the esophagus seems to have moved out into two lymph nodes. There are also three spots showing up in the lungs, but these are suspect at this time. Right now it looks like 4-5 weeks of a combination of chemo and radiation, 4 weeks of recuperation and then surgery.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

RCCola

Update 10-18

Dave is scheduled to be in Houston, TX at MD Anderson Cancer Hospital on October 29th for 7-10 days to seek a second opinion at his doctor's request.

Apparently no more concerns about having surgery and it looks like a big dose of chemo is coming his way. He failed the PET scan, where they inject you with radioactive glucose and it makes all cancer cells light up. It showed the tumor in the esophagus and the lymph nodes, the lung spots and two spots in the liver.

Please keep Dave and his family in your prayers. I will update when I hear some news.

Thanks

Robert

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Continuing to pray for Dave.