Old electric stuff . .

sinclair1

I have a old Rockwell miter saw I still use for small stuff.
Wow, I just looked online for vintage Rockwell miter saws and the model I have is going for $150 still. I guess people like less blade guards because it's pretty dangerous if you have some idiot tendencies

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Wow, I just looked online for vintage Rockwell miter saws and the model I have is going for $150 still. I guess people like less blade guards because it's pretty dangerous if you have some idiot tendencies
Notice the one I posted the guard is removed. Every saw I have now, the guard is scotched open with a wedge. That's how we worked with them. The guard binds up the saw on angle cuts. 2x10 and 2x8 we cross cut. 2x6 and 2x4 you set the tray on the opposite side and ease the blade down on top. Put some pressure back against the wood to stop it, and lay the saw upside down. Speed, efficiency, danger, and no OSHA. lol

divinginn

I have a hotpoint microwave from the mid 80s that we still use everyday,it survived at least 3-4 lightning strikes that killed most electronics.

Redbow

Like someone else I have my Stepdad's old skill saw from probably the late 50's or so its made of shiny metal heavy duty thing almost like nickel plated. I don't know if it still runs I have to repair the electrical cord as it is deteriorated now.. I also have several old drills from days long past and some tools my Stepdad's Father had from way back yonder.. We have a Sears upright freezer from the early 80's that still runs and freeze's like it always has..I also have and drive an old 86 Chevy pickup, she's my baby...

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Have my MeMe's 'lectic skillet that's from the 50's///

GoldDot40

Have my mother's Singer Zigzag sewing machine from the early 70's. It still runs...like a sewing machine.
20180610_132435.jpg

zedex

Gator Bait
Cummins industrial tools opened for business in 1887.
This power saw has a metal indicating 60 years in business.
It spins a 8 1/2inch blade flawlessly. Came with original metal box and complete owners/users manual and still has original power cord. Under load, it just does not bog down... I've cut true 6x6 boards with ease.
I do routine oil changes on it.
Obviously built before the safety police came along as it has a trigger hold button so you can operate it without constantly holding the triggerScreenshot_20190518-180128_Gallery.jpg

zedex

Gator Bait
Screenshot_20190518-180722_Gallery.jpgI've had this about 16 years. Use it often and many times to start backhoe after it set for months unused. Always does the job. Figured this was worth the mention because most of these jump-packs only last 2, maybe 3 years. Was extremely expensive at the time but far less than frequent replacementsScreenshot_20190518-180722_Gallery.jpg

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Old Westinghouse 120v 2 cyl compressor, slow and quiet. puh puh puh puh puh puh puh.

Can't run continuous pneumatic tools(drill, die grinder, buffer, etc.,) for long periods, it won't keep up. Gotta set it down and let it catch back up.

I'll get a pic tomorrow if I think about it.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
My Hilti portable air compressor I bought in 1984 is still working today. I wore out 3 finish nailers and 2 framing nail guns with it framing and installing trim in houses.