Old school

Big7

The Oracle
I'll pass on that one. I like the double-wide "buddy stands" from wal-marks.

Get with it though. More power to ya'.?

Sixes

Cool find.

There used to be a couple of mail bags nailed to some tree limbs in Washington county on a club we had years ago.

turkeykirk

A couple of fellas put some up in a club I was in back in the early 70’s.

Struttin'-n-Drummin'

What county did you take this photo in? Greene?

My grandfather made and installed many of these in the 60's & 70's. The last one on that was still hanging fell out of the tree last summer. He died in 76' and he had put it up before that. So, I know that barrel was in that tree for at least 42 years. We knocked the steps out of the trees in the 80's to keep people from climbing up.

catchdogs

What county did you take this photo in? Greene?

My grandfather made and installed many of these in the 60's & 70's. The last one on that was still hanging fell out of the tree last summer. He died in 76' and he had put it up before that. So, I know that barrel was in that tree for at least 42 years. We knocked the steps out of the trees in the 80's to keep people from climbing up.

Hancock

RichardC

Killed my first deer out of one in Monroe Co back in 1977. I never helped install one but they were comfortable to hunt out of, well at least our double barrels were....

Same as I ...Louisiana though on the edge of a grown up field in December.27 years ago ..Roughly

TimBray

Back in the mid-70s my Dad helped a friend of his (Chuck) put a 55 gal. barrel in a tree similar to that with a nice ladder and a roof. It was late when they finished so he couldn't tell what kind of view he had. Several weeks passed before they made it back down. Dad said Chuck was all excited to get in it and check his view. Dad said about the time he stepped down into the barrel, Chuck started cussing up a storm. Stepped into almost knee-deep water in the barrel. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Forgot to put holes in the bottom of it so the rainwater could drain out. :eek::ROFLMAO: