Old warrior

BornToHuntAndFish

Ought to be fun chasing that old beast this season. Quite a sagging belly on that bad boy. I've heard reports on aging mature whitetails after their prime having smaller home ranges & core areas. Good luck. Thanks for posting.

EDIT UPDATE:

For a bit more encouragement, I've heard reports on mature whitetails past their peak potential years sometimes become more active & visible in daylight hours.

Last edited:

six

Better bring your A game if your going against that old fellar. He's seen a thing or two in his day. Good luck. If you do manage to get him, it will be bitter sweet!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Good luck!!! At that age he is a trophy for sure!!

davidhelmly

He's a great looking buck, good luck with him! We have had really old bucks like that in the past and sometime their home range gets really small as they age.

Triple C

Hope you have an up close and personal encounter with that old brute! Very few have the opportunity to hunt a fully mature buck over a period of years. Wishing you the best!

ShortMagFan

Nice. I finally killed a similar buck on our place last year. Passed on him as a 3.5 year old in 2013. Only saw him in daylight one other time until I shot himon Nov 15 last year. His rack had gone way downhill in what turned out to be his final year

swamp hunter

If you don't get him soon the Cayotes will in a year or two..
Give his memory and Rack a fitting spot in your life.

Buckman18

Those old timers are almost impossible to kill but they are FUN to hunt! Good luck!

Jim Boyd

Great post, well done!