OMC Fuel Tank

ribber

The manifold assembly (on left) where fuel hose connector and site gauge is has been leaking fuel for a while, and will eventually soak the tank when engine is running. Disregard the spillage around the fill cap, that's where I spilled some. Can't tell why but I assume there is a gasket under there or there could be a crack somewhere. I was given a part number for the manifold assembly but every site I look at says its no longer available or out of stock. Has anyone ever replaced one of these or do I have another option? I hate to get another tank because this one fits perfectly in the fuel/battery well in the back of my boat and it was expensive. It's an OMC Dura-tank.boat tank.jpg

Philhutch80

Banned
Google says the cheapest one is $70 on ebay currently. Most others are $100 or higher. Given plastic breaks down over time I would say it is time to replace the tank.

divinginn

put some rtv sealer under it,clean it good with alcohol first so it sticks. I need to do one on a Yamaha tank that is letting water in.

Bream Pole

I used to buy older model tanks and outboards 3-10 hp. on EBay and forums and get them running good with new plugs gaskets etc. and give or sell to friends and give to children and grandchildren. bought a lot of parts from Marine Engine.