On line dating.... anyone tryed it??

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Everyone who reads this has some level of expertise with a computer. So here is my question. If you were , or are single do you think an oline dating connection thingy is a good way to meet someone?

Are there those who have tryed it and want to share?

My wife and I have been together for 24 years, well before the personal computer and internet arrived and havent tryed it.

A few months ago I assisted a friend in setting up a profile and posting photo images for one of the major internets dating services. She did meet 2-3 men from her "ad" but didnt develpe a serious relationship with any of them. She has since given up on the internet dating.

Anyone got anything to share??

MM

Toliver

Ummm.....I'm married to someone I met on the computer. A chat room no less. 4th anniversary coming up in less than two weeks, 1 wonderful son and I think she still likes me. I'm pretty sure the kid is mine, too. :D

Toliver

Ga-Spur said:
My wife don't much care for me dating on-line . :speechles

How does she feel about the old fashioned way?

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
MM ---- I know a couple of people who left their present situation for someone they met through their computer.

Also know 3 different people who married someone from another country :bounce: --- after hooking up through their computer.

Tell her not to give up?

bilgerat

Senior
is that gal still available milkman? u think she'd go for a middle aged simi fat boy who goes huntin n fish'n more than he goes to work? does she clean fish and own a bass boat? does she drive a 4 wheel drive? and does she like to hang out in the woods and cook for a bunch of rednecks? if so let me know!

Toliver

bilgerat said:
is that gal still available milkman? u think she'd go for a middle aged simi fat boy who goes huntin n fish'n more than he goes to work? does she clean fish and own a bass boat? does she drive a 4 wheel drive? and does she like to hang out in the woods and cook for a bunch of rednecks? if so let me know!

Mine can clean fish and drives a 4 wheel drive and likes to hang out in the woods and likes to cook. I think she was the last one at 1-900-DIALAWIFE. Of course I have to put up with her being a Canadian. But then again.............. how's the hunting in British Columbia?

tmooney

Chris and I have something in common. . .

I too met mine online but way before hooking up on the internet was common. We were married in '98 and celebrated our 6th annisversary in Jamaica this past June. I have two son's and a wonderful marriage. I will add this though, I wouldn't get online looking or trying to make it happen. I would just let it happen.

Message boards are a great place to meet someone. My suggestion is search for something that really interest her and then become a member. She would then be more inclined to become herself on the internet and generally people that have things in common will gravitate towards one another when they are being theirself. Message boards are definately a great place.

-Terry

Randy

I met mine in line. She was in line with all the other women wanting to date me just as soon as I divorced my first wife. She was not the first one in line but she was the last!

Kdog

Uh, Randy, I heard it was a very short line. Not to mention that 2 of the 3 waiting had a combined weight in excess of 750#'s. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

But of course, you picked the best one of the 3. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Kdog

Randy

You're right. I have alwasy attracted the heavy women. But I ain't the best looking guy out there either. I gots to takes what I can get. Besides a pretty girl will leave you for something better. An ugly girl might leave you too, but you want care.

garndawg

I know of two very good friends, one male, one female, who hooked up with the love of their life online.

They used eHarmony, and both are working on their second year of marriage. Fun to see them, all smiles...

Online dating is kinda' like online shopping, it really depends on which site you use as to how your experience will be. Some of those hookup sites are online meat markets looking for a one-night stand.

But if you're looking for The One, I'd try eHarmony.

Tnhunter

I have been giving eharmony a try for about 3 weeks now. I have not had much luck. It has just compared with ugly women. Maybe I am too picky.

Mrbowdeadly

Alot of good posts on this subject. Bilgerat, be sure to get pics of the four wheel drive and the bassboat, just my opinion.

I agree with the "one night stand" theory. Most are looking for just that. I think the internet gives you such numbers that you are bound to find the perfect one. I would also caution to screen the service hard. I know of one that checks to see if you are married first. That way it is only singles, not somebody doin somebody wrong.

"still you wonder...who's cheatin who, who's being true? Who don't even care anymore....."

MBD