One last try

deersled

Debated all week whether to start bass fishing this weekend or give the public land piney woods rooters another chance. Figured I got alot more time to fish after this weekend so I'll be heading down to Hannahatchee in the morning. Gonna try to keep the wind in my face, cover some ground, watch and listen for them jokers. Good luck to anybody else giving it one more try!!!!

deersled

Thats a wrap, people! Windy as all get out! I actually thought the wind might help me sneak around undetected, problem was i couldnt hear anything either, lol. Sun up to sun down. Beautiful day in the woods. Hannahatchee has it all, swampy areas, some areas that make you think youre in the mountains, pines and hardwoods. Explored some new areas that give me hope for next year but came up empty....notta....zilch! I do believe fishing wouldve been worse in that wind, lol.

thumper523

You didn't by chance almost fall into creek just below Buddy Boy Thornton bridge did you? A buddy and I were there Saturday as well. Saw 1 deer and no fresh sign.

deersled

HaHa! No i didnt almost fall in the creek. Im glad to hear Im not the only one striking out down there. I went 4 times since deer season ended and didnt see jack. I did see 2 does saturday. I went pretty deep off the main road, found some sign (not real fresh), but the wind made it rough. Oh well, we can always hope for next year.

frankwright

I am hunting private land that is usually covered up in hogs and my results are about the same.
I have never seen this few hogs.
I have a suspicion that the WMA around us has had a serious trapping session going. With the new traps that you can watch on cam and drop the gate/net at just the right time, can catch a lot of hogs.
I will stay after them until July or August when it just gets too hot.
I will be bass fishing too!

Jester896

Senior Clown
I am hunting private land that is usually covered up in hogs and my results are about the same.
I have never seen this few hogs.
I have a suspicion that the WMA around us has had a serious trapping session going. With the new traps that you can watch on cam and drop the gate/net at just the right time, can catch a lot of hogs.
I will stay after them until July or August when it just gets too hot.
I will be bass fishing too!
USDA is doing that here on Chickasawhatchee and surrounding Plantations

Latest posts