One mans opinion.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I tend to agree with his assessments...and for the reasons he stated

if you want a PPK style gun...get a PPK...haven't they been pretty much unchanged since the '30s...maybe I'm just not price driven when it comes to things like that.

I really don't like any carry gun that will not fire without a mag inserted.

Reactions: Dub

transfixer

I've always considered Bersa in the same category as Jennings , Davis and other lower end pistols, I wouldn't want to trust any of them in a critical situation.

Reminds me of a story where a guy goes into a gun shop and tells the guy behind the counter he wants to buy his wife a .25 automatic to carry for defense, the clerk behind the counter looks at him and says " Why ? don't you like your wife ?

Jester896

Senior Clown
take his Bersa out for a second and replace it with the Judge. Isn't his assessments pretty spot on. They are heavy as all get out. There reliability...well. I shot one at 15' with a .410 shell. Out of the 3 pellets one hit mass one hit shoulder and one got air...is that reliable self defense? I have never fired a .45LC from one. Did you know a .444 will chamber in one :D

Reactions: Dub

transfixer

take his Bersa out for a second and replace it with the Judge. Isn't his assessments pretty spot on. They are heavy as all get out. There reliability...well. I shot one at 15' with a .410 shell. Out of the 3 pellets one hit mass one hit shoulder and one got air...is that reliable self defense? I have never fired a .45LC from one. Did you know a .444 will chamber in one :D

I've never understood the hype behind the Judge revolvers, they're just entirely too big to be carried around, and I've heard about the lack of stopping power of the .410 loads ever since they came out. .45lc is an adequate self defense round, but the gun is just too big and bulky !

I had no idea a .444 would chamber in one ! :eek: I would NOT want to pull the trigger on that one !

Joe EC

Absolutely lost all credibility when he said "I would accept the caliber if it (the gun) were reliable" when referring to a .22 magnum as a carry gun.o_O!

In the Ferguson shooting the assailant was hit 5 times with .40 cal and continued to advance on the Officer. It was not until the 6th round hit him in the head was his attack stopped.

So, really, this guy would consider .22 mag as an acceptable self defense carry weapon? Against what? Flying squirrels?
Do people really take this guys seriously?

nmurph

Then again, I had a first cousin that was killed by one shot from a .22LR that was fired through a wooden exterior door. It entered his chest, passed through his heart, and exited. He bled out on the porch.

Joe EC

Remember the .45ACP was developed because in the real world, with lots of real examples, where the .38 special (never mind a .22 or .380) was not enough to reliably stop the Moro tribesman. Often high on drugs the .38 simply was not enough bullet. Try a .22 on a PCP or crack fueled crook bent on hurting you or your family.

Like I said, flying squirrels. Anything on 2 legs needs a real caliber.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Then again, I had a first cousin that was killed by one shot from a .22LR that was fired through a wooden exterior door. It entered his chest, passed through his heart, and exited. He bled out on the porch.

yep...a coworker of mines estranged shot through the door and caught him above the eye with a .22LR...DRT

.45ACP is used with one set of tactics and a .22Mag would be used with a different set of tactics...kinda like tires...one ya use on da road....one ya use in da mud...some will do both