Opener closing in on us...

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks like it may be wet. What's your best way to keep your powder dry?

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Electrical tape over end of barrel for my percussion.

JoPa

I cut the fingertips off a latex glove and keep them in my bag, slip one on the end of the barrel when it looks like rain.

trad bow

I had back surgery yesterday which ended up more complicated than was first thought so I’ll miss hunting for next three weeks or so. Ended up with twenty five staples in two spots that won’t be removed for three weeks.
Y’all post your pictures so I can enjoy the hunt.
Jeff

Rabun

I had back surgery yesterday which ended up more complicated than was first thought so I’ll miss hunting for next three weeks or so. Ended up with twenty five staples in two spots that won’t be removed for three weeks.
Jeff
Sorry to hear that...wishing speedy and complete recovery!

switchbackxt1

Jeff
Man take care of your back rehabilitation physical therapy DONT DO ANYTHING TO REINJURE YOURSELF.You will be sorry!!!

trad bow

I know. Have had multiple back operations over the past three years. This one will be easy to recovered from compared to some of the ones I’ve had.

frankwright

I am going to get together with old friends in Lamar County to have a weekend ML hunt and get together.
I will be shooting my .54 Lyman Deerstalker with a PRB and hope one comes in nice and close.
Blessed to have this cooler weather come in and the food plots should come alive with the rain.

j_seph

Leave gun in closet or safe. These GA deer don't move in the rain.......................They don't have webbed feet!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Beautiful morning. Cool. Already heard a few shots on property. Weather has them moving.

trad bow

Walking around in backyard and have heard several shots on nf lands